Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:03:39 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Bill Phillips Dies At Age 81
« previous next »
: [1]
: Bill Phillips Dies At Age 81  ( 1911 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 10, 2012, 02:20:09 PM »

William “Bill” K. Phillips

Westford - William “Bill” Kenneth Phillips, 81, passed away at his home in Westford on Wednesday May 9, 2012 with his loving family by his side.  He was born in Quincy, MA on July 8, 1930 son of the late Frank and Marion (Coley) Phillips.  He married the former Frena Webb on November 8, 1952 in the United Church of Fairfax.  On October 1, 1956, over 55 years ago, they moved to Westford and purchased the so called Chet Hall Place.  Bill was a Westford School Board member during the time that the present school was being built.  Bill had great admiration for the Westford Volunteer Fire Department, was respectfully called “Sparky” and appointed as an “honorary” member of the Fire Department.  He enjoyed working on his classic cars and especially his pride and joy his 1975 Chevrolet Caprice Classic.  He always looked forward to his morning coffee talks with Junior and loved his daily work on the family farm.  Bill was a loving husband, father, grandfather and friend who will be greatly missed by all those who had the true pleasure to know and love him.

He is survived by his loving wife of 59 years Frena (Webb) Phillips of Westford; three sons:  Charles Phillips and wife France of Westford; Allen Phillips of Westford; Scot Phillips and wife Kimberly of Westford; seven Grandchildren:  Jeremy and fiancée Jessica Reynolds; Todd and wife Lindsay; Shane; Krystle; Megan; Jennifer and fiancé Eric Harper; Bill; many nieces; nephews and cousins.

He was also predeceased by his brother Stanley Phillips

Visiting hours will be held on Saturday May 12, 2012 from 2:00 – 4:00 pm and 7:00 – 9:00 pm at the A. W. Rich Funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel.  A funeral service will be held on Monday May 14, 2012 at 1:00 pm in the United Church of Fairfax with Reverend Elizabeth Griffin officiating.  Burial will follow in the family lot in Pleasant View Cemetery, Westford.  Memorial contributions in “Sparky’s” name may be made to the Westford Volunteer Fire Department, P.O. Box 54, Westford, VT 05494.  Arrangements are by A. W. Rich Funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel, 1176 Main Street, Fairfax, VT 05454.  The family invites you to share your memories and online condolences by visiting www.awrichfuneralhomes.com

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: