Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:20:50 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Trash Savings Estimate 2014
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: Trash Savings Estimate 2014  ( 25145 )
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #30 : January 25, 2014, 05:06:51 PM »

hahahaahaha
tfence
: 257

« #31 : January 29, 2014, 08:24:15 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong. Did I read somewhere that we are paying one price per ton for household trash and a conciderably lower price for recycleables. I just witnessed my recyclables going in the same compartment on the same truck as my household trash. Do we have someone monitoring this?

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #32 : January 29, 2014, 08:40:05 AM »

Tom,

I know at least 1 of Duffy's trucks is a split truck with room for Trash and Recycle waste..... Not saying that they didn't do what you say they did, but maybe that is what you saw?

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #33 : January 29, 2014, 08:41:49 AM »

They are split trucks and I am sure they are not being merged.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
tfence
: 257

« #34 : January 29, 2014, 01:26:17 PM »

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I saw my trash bags go into the compartment to the left looking at the passenger side of the truck. Then I saw my card board go in the exact same compartment. I saw 2 compartments on the truck all of my trash and cardboard went into one. I am not saying anything negative about the new vendor. I am just stating what I saw. One question that may make me wrong about all this. Is cardboard a recyclable?

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
ohhman
: 469

« #35 : January 29, 2014, 02:31:27 PM »

Last week my recycles were gone 1st late in the day,  trash not until the next day; today I saw 1 truck pick up all of it at the same time & it looked to me it all went together.  Yes Tom,  you can recycle cardboard.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #36 : January 31, 2014, 12:29:44 PM »

Tom, I found out that the side loader has one opening but two Shoots, so it looks like they are going into the same place but they are actually going into separate shoots in the Side loader garbage versus recycling. :-)

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
RidgeRunner
: 73

« #37 : January 31, 2014, 03:18:28 PM »

I just want to say that I am very pleased that we have local representatives who are motivated enough look at issues like this and not just continue doing business the same ole way.  They went out and did the best research possible, took their findings and made what looks like a cost saving decision.  I have been fortunate enough to have no change in the level of my service, everything is picked up when Duffy says it will and they have taken everything I have placed out.  Eveyone needs to be patient and remeber, They are collecting the trash for the 5th time this coming week.  As long as Duffy continues to improve and continues to address issues I am certain this issue will die and we will end up with a service equal to or better than the service that Casella was providing and at a reduced cost. 
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
: