Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:37:35 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Ways and Means Committee
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ways and Means Committee  ( 2537 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : February 11, 2008, 07:18:36 AM »

It was a busy week for the Ways and Means Committee. The energy bill zoomed in and out on its way to the Appropriations Committee. That's a bill I was very glad to see take shape in a way that most legislators could support. It even has the support of the Governor!

In addition to the energy bill, our Committee spent a lot of time working on the Miscellaneous Tax Bill, which includes the Capital Gains plan. The bill came to us with several other components too, including some policy issues on things like TIF districts and the ever concerning Vermont Economic Progress Council. The TIF districts section was set aside to be placed into another bill, and Capital Gains will probably go into another bill also.

At the end of the week we spend some time discussing our old favorite, the income tax for schools.

Watch for more info on a public hearing being planned the week after Town Meeting. The purpose of the hearing is for the Committee to get public input on the income tax proposal and LEAF, the new school funding plan.

Contact me at cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us

from Rep. Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia
Vermont House of Representatives

Carolyn Branagan
: [1]  
« previous next »
: