Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:28:42 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  School Board & Two Years
« previous next »
: [1]
: School Board & Two Years  ( 2024 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 16, 2012, 06:51:29 PM »

Hello Henry:  Ny neighbor Chris S. (Fairfax News) recommended forwarding my attached BFA School Board "campaign" notice to you.  You may consider it appropriate  news or "newsworthy" for your publication.  You may know I am campaigning for a position on our Fairfax School Board.  Please advise.   Thank you for your consideration.    - Roy V. Hill, II

Dear Fairfax Neighbors & Friends,

My name is ROY V. HILL II of Fairfax.  I believe an effective school board is vital to academic achievement and community progress.  To those ends, I have accepted an invitation to run for the two-year BFA School Board Position.  I am requesting your vote this March, 2012. 

I am able, I am a committed educator, and I understand Board Chair Elaine Carpenter’s quote of the West African Proverb:  “It takes a Village” (Fairfax News, 2011).

My familiarity with Vermont education started in the 1960’s when, in partnership with Dartmouth College and V.I.S.T.A. (Volunteers In Service To America), I was stationed in the White River Junction school system.  My responsibility was  to help further student development by enhancing teamwork between the school, students, and parents. 

Furthermore and beginning in the late 1980’s, I Directed the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations for the University of Vermont.  I raised money to support our State-assisted University.

In subsequent years, I entered the UVM Doctoral Program. Over the last five years in dialogue with Vermont leaders like Education Commissioner Armando Vilaseca, I have addressed local, state, and national research benefiting students. 

My professional experience includes administrative, academic, cultural, and counseling (psychological) work.  My work environments reflect black (U.N.C.F.) and white (Brown University & Dartmouth College) educational institutions, as well as non-profit communities in Southern, Midwestern, and New England America.  I am retired, but my experience and spirit will promote balanced discussions in the sometimes tedious business of maintaining an inclusive agenda, while also being attentive to academic priorities.  In short, my accomplishments have prepared me to be an asset to the Team-work required to maintain a school board that:

Has vision

Implements basic academic objectives and promotes future leadership

Understands ethnic-diversity and growing global requirements

Communicates board actions to appropriate publics

Is respectful of board members and other educators

Maintains a fair personnel-evaluation process

Adopts and oversees realistic budgeting

Again, I am requesting your vote for the two-year BFA School Board Position.  Mindful of the African Proverb that “It takes a Village,” I believe we can collectively go forth fostering the BFA and community unity that can help students achieve.

Thank you for your consideration,

Roy V. Hill II
« : February 16, 2012, 06:53:29 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: