Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:41:09 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Its A Great Feeling To Help Someone Out
« previous next »
: [1]
: Its A Great Feeling To Help Someone Out  ( 2623 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 06, 2010, 11:12:16 AM »

As some of you may know, i try to respond to requests for information about people who used to live in Fairfax.  The other day I got the following request in which I have removed the last names for privacy:

"henry,
    My name is Michael xxxxxx and i live in Glens Falls N.Y. I spoke to you Thursday March 4th 2010, concerning my mothers mother Irene xxxxxx. My mothers maiden name is Yvette xxxxx, which is now Yvette xxxxx of Fort Ann N.Y.

Thank you in advance for trying to help me out. The whole story that we know is when my mom ( who is now 73 years of age) was 6-7 years old, her mother Irene xxxxx ( not sure of the spelling of her last name xxxx ) was fatally injured January 14, 1940. She died on January 17, 1940 at the age of 29. It has been said my grandfather ( who is Nowel Napolian xxxxx ),was cleaning his rifle and had discharged, accidentally fatally injuring who would be my grandmother. My mother who's name is Yvette xxxxx ( maiden name ) has a clipping from a news paper of the accident. The clipping does not say much about who Irene was, or where she came from. My mother knows nothing about her mother and possibly other siblings on her moms side of the family. I've tryed to find out information concerning her mother Irene, and have'nt gotten anywhere. Irene is buried at Sanderson Corners Cemetery in fairfield V.T. My grandfather Nowell is buried i believe at ST. Marys Cemetery in Fairfax. Nowell was born in Underhill December 25,1913 and died November 4 1981. All I'm trying to do is help my mom know more about her mother and the possibility of whether there is any of her mothers family alive.

Thank you again for helping me out! I look forward to hearing from you."

In checking my records, I found that yes indeed, Irene is buried in Sanderson's Corners Cemetery here in Fairfax and Nowell is buried right here in Fairfax in St. Luke's Cemetery.  I also found that I have a recorded Burial Permit that says that Irene died in St. Albans, so I sent a note back to the gentleman inquiring and told him that I will stop in the City Hall in St. Albans and see if Irene's death certificate is there, and if so, make a copy of it or take the information off from it and send it to him.  If I am lucky, there might be some very important information about Irene regarding her parents, where she was born, etc.

This is one of those things that you could get addicted to and try to go on and on, but I will most likely give the individual this information and let him come up to St. Albans and do the further research himself.  I get a great deal of satisfaction out of helping people find something they have been looking for for a long time.  I do this free of charge for them, but do limit myself to how much I actually do.  We have a number of people that do this.  One who used to get very involved in helping people out in the same way is Peter Mallet, who recently moved to Jeffersonville from Georgia.  I will try and check when I am in City Hall in St. Albans to see if they have anyone in St. Albans that might do that.

I am sure there are researchers out there, but they charge an arm and a leg for doing it, so I don't steer many people their way unless they tell me they want to hire someone.

Henry Raymond
dw
: 28

« #1 : March 06, 2010, 11:55:14 AM »

heartwarming story, Henry;  you reinforce all the good in human nature.

bless you.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: