Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:32:50 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Fairfax robberies
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: Fairfax robberies  ( 27706 )
Lilone
: 81

« #15 : July 31, 2009, 12:37:05 PM »

It is SUCH and invasion of privacy. They went through all my drawers and my mother's drawers, the bathroon, and the garage. I have dreaded looking in the basement to find out what else is missing.  Their main target was a jug full of cash pocket change and winning lottery tickets. Quick cash. They most likely went through the woods, no one saw them and they left out the back door. So to all out there who have pocket change or cash you've been tucking away lying around, put it some place buglar proof. They will go looking for it.
« : July 31, 2009, 12:43:13 PM Lilone »
cedarman
: 370

« #16 : July 31, 2009, 01:37:23 PM »

I work with a guy who had his work shop burglarized in Northern NY.  A week later, he caught two kids in the act of taking tools from his shop.  He managed to detain one with the help of quick thinking and some plastic cable ties.

While he could have gone to the cops, he instead drove the kid to his home and sat down with the kids parents.

The parents agree to the kid doing 100 hours of work for the guy in addition to replacing tools taken previously.  The kid also ratted out his buddy.  My co-worker, the 1st kid caught, and the kid's father all went to visit the second kid's parents who also agreed to the same terms for the second kid.

I hope a similar situation is reached here   BUT that requires parents who actually care about their kids futures which MIGHT not be the case here.
Lilone

« #17 : August 04, 2009, 12:12:19 PM »

I do hope they get caught. Whether it be by police or homeowner. They need to be taken off the street soon, before someone gets hurt.
Roberto
: 6

« #18 : August 04, 2009, 04:38:00 PM »

Lilone,
Today some officers from the sheriff's department caught a couple kids on River Rd. with a bag full of rare coins. I told them that I read your post and they would like you to contact them ASAP. One of the kids assaulted a mother while she was walking her kids in a stroller, she and her husband risked a lot keeping one of the kids at the scene. They will only be charged if someone will come forward to describe the coins that were found in the kids possession. These kids are a menace to our town and we need to band together to show them they will no longer get away with their crimes.
Rob
special ED

« #19 : August 04, 2009, 05:31:05 PM »

you cant do to them what you would like to but a good ass beating goes a long way
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #20 : August 05, 2009, 07:22:30 AM »

Check

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=6660.0

for more info on the recovered property.

Henry Raymond
Lilone

« #21 : August 05, 2009, 07:46:25 AM »

Rob,
Thank you!
Lilone
ohhman
: 469

« #22 : August 05, 2009, 09:22:02 AM »

I hope the people do come forward to claim the coins & that these culprits are held accountable for all they've done. I hope they find a new home somewhere else, far away from here & forget this town & never return, unless they are rehabilitated!  That'll happen -NOT!  But in the meantime, the mom that was assaulted gets no respect, no restitution for this assault because if she did press charges, it's my understanding it would cost HER legal fees to do so BUT the little culprits legal fees would be paid for from us taxpayers!!!! go figure!!!!!!!!!! And they'd probably get away with it with a little scolding only to turn around & do it again!  So they are of minor age so we have to be cautious to not name them although they aren't too young to do the crime!! Do the crime & pay the time! I agree a good butt beating may be what they need! Guarantee it won't help.  And I hear the parent is a single mom.....so are many others -ME- & you didn't see my boys nor will you or they will suffer consequence at home, so that comment is a total cop-out. I have raised 3 boys on my own, and it does take a community to help & for that I am thankful to live here in Fairfax, as when my guys have done something, real friends tell you so that you hope & try to make it right, & hopefully teach them to be responsible, respectable citizens that earn their living by WORKING & not stealing.  My almost 20yr old still gets questioned & answers to me as no matter what age, he is my son, & although he looks at it as someone "rats "him out, I tell him it's because they care.  My boys are not perfect, but I hope I have instilled in them better values than the culprits we are talking about!  I have used the term "culprits" for no other reason than an acceptable word able to print.  So to that mom that was assaulted, hats off to you for standing up to these kids.......next time call for backup 1st though for your safety. We'll be there!!
dearon
: 233

« #23 : August 05, 2009, 09:56:36 AM »

Maybe next time the "little robbers" won't be so lucky as to get caught and walk away.  If nothing is done it will only get worst, the next time they may be carted off in a body bag
« : August 05, 2009, 12:47:21 PM dearon »
Lilone

« #24 : August 05, 2009, 10:12:19 AM »

How are we supposed to get the word out and let people know who to watch out for if we can't name them? That's rediculous.
Lilone

« #25 : August 05, 2009, 11:11:58 AM »

If you or someone you know was a victim of these little thieves, call the Sherrifs Department. 524-2121 and ask for Deputy Underwood. He has some pretty specific coins in his possession, and will hopefully have more soon.
mirjo
: 785

« #26 : August 06, 2009, 01:12:39 PM »

My boys are not perfect, but I hope I have instilled in them better values than the culprits we are talking about!

The operative words here 3plusk are "instilled, better values." That's the difference in kids coming from any home situation. If values, such as respect for others, having manners, being thankful for what you have, treating your parents with respect etc.,  aren't taught  from a young age, they simply aren't learned.

Nobody is perfect and my kids certainly aren't, but there is a big difference between imperfection and being a criminal! Parents don't seem to realize that allowing their kids to do,say, act, and have whatever they want may be easier when they're little, but has consequences when they're older.

I watched a woman in front of me in Price Chopper on day spend the whole check-out time yelling at and complaining about her son who was about 10. i couldn't see what (if anything) he was doing as his mom blocked my view, but she was seriously irritated with him and clearly looking for sympathy from the cashier.

I was tired and crabby and not in the mood to listen to her crap on her poor kid who was likely not doing much of anything. So I stood there, biting my tongue. When I was checking out, This boy and his mom were at the candy machines--he's begging for a quarter and she's complying! I really wanted to ask her why she was giving him what he wanted when she spent 10 minutes yelling at him for not behaving in the checkout line! I was even more irritated seeing her do that than i was listening to her in the first place!!

So at 10 he feels all entitled to have what he wants no matter what...there is a good chance that feeling doesn't go away at 14, 15, 16...who puts an end to it and how?

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #27 : August 07, 2009, 11:52:21 PM »

So I ask, at what point do people start taking matters into their own hands? Is there a description of the culprits? Does anyone know names? How about posting these bits of info so that people are aware of WHO these culprits are? When do the victimized start to put the heat on not only to the culprits, but also to the sheriff's dept. whom we pay a considerable amount of money to, to catch these culprits?  Hey Josh, not to put you on the spot, but do you have any suggestions?? To some, these burglaries may seem small, but to those victimized, it is such a violation of privacy, of personal belongings! When Dale's chainsaws where stolen, it was not only the fact that they were STOLEN, but the fact someone had the audacity to take something from INSIDE your home.....that doesn't belong to them, that you have worked hard to buy, that will cost how much if you were to replace it,  makes the B.P. go sky high just thinking about it!! Someday we hope these culprits are caught & forced to do restitution....or maybe caught by the homeowner whom takes matters into their own hands.

Hey 3plusk,

I don't mind being put on the spot at all.  As you know my Dad is in the same boat as Dale and many other residents of our town.   This past year he has had tools and a chainsaw stolen along with the car wash being broken into 3 times!! How to make it stop or get a handle on it? Your guess is as good as mine.  I believe that what we are doing here on Henry's site is the first step though.  Keeping an open line of communication between the residents of Fairfax and our local Law Enforcement is key to putting a stop to all of this.  It is hard for all of us to know what is going on or what to look for if we don't tell each other what we are seeing.  I know that most of our trouble is located in 2 areas the center of town (maple street) and the area of Roodmill and Mead Road.  I spend a lot of my own time cruising around theses areas as I'm sure you know, I just saw you today as a matter of fact.  I try to remember the vehicles that go with the houses and keep an eye out for anything out of place but no luck yet : (... Hopefully now that I will be living right in town starting next week I will be able to be around more!!

Another thing to remember is that if people don't report stuff to the Sheriff's department they aren't going to know what is going on.  It's just a phone call but it can make a difference information is key to catching people.  Example: that kid you saw at 3 am walking around you might shrug off as weird but someone else up the road might be wondering who stole their tools last night.  The sheriff's department is here to help us they have a lot of young motivated Deputies that I believe are eager to make a difference so don't be afraid to use them. 
« : August 08, 2009, 07:05:29 AM Henry »

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
dearon
: 233

« #28 : August 08, 2009, 07:39:04 AM »

Joshua: Quote "I spend a lot of my own time cruising around theses areas as I'm sure you know, I just saw you today as a matter of fact.  I try to remember the vehicles that go with the houses and keep an eye out for anything out of place but no luck yet : (... Hopefully now that I will be living right in town starting next week I will be able to be around more!!"

Just remember there are many Realtors out there showing properties or doing Broker's price opinions for lenders (most of which are drive-bys), just because a car doesn't fit the house doesn't mean they are trying to break in or do harm.  I do approximately 15-20 BPO's per month for lenders and all require driving by the property and taking photos, no contact is made with the property owner.  Properties are either pre-forclosure or lenders are checking if the properties that they have a line of credit on are still at a good value.

There are many other realtors that do the same, I would hate to have a confrontation with a overly aggressive citizen because of this.  I can think of a few times that I've had the home owner jump out and follow me to the town office when I  get the assessors card and confront me .  Most of the time these were people in foreclosure and make fore a very unpleasant situation.
slpott
: 457

« #29 : August 08, 2009, 08:43:40 AM »

It absolutely amazes me that when we moved to Fairfax 3 years ago, we were told of the houses and folks on Maple Street. I drive by there every day on my way to school just to reinforce to my childdren "If I ever catch you or one of your friends walking down this street or going to those houses, you will be ------------------". If I know that, why does the school, neighbors, police, community stand for it. Our tax $$$ are enabling this to happen. What is up with that? All kids go through kid stages I understand. BUT, there is no way in hell those homes are safe to live in the way they are taken care of. My understanding is they have tried for over 1 year to get them out. No luck. No one else will rent to them. What do you do. Cut off the free check and put them all to work. I feel terrible for the landlord. The deposit will never cover the damages. It sickens me that people would do this but what makes me even more irritated is that we let it happen. I also think there should be a zoning issue with vehicles being able to just sit there and rot. What an eye sore and what an awful example of life so close to school. This is strictly my opinion but as a neighbor I would be having a fit. I feel much better now and thanks for listening. Shelly
: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
: