Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 04:39:43 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  has anybody heard of such a thing?
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: has anybody heard of such a thing?  ( 26296 )
ansbaker
: 36

« #30 : March 24, 2011, 01:13:46 PM »

Actually, the only exceptions to the law prohibiting windshield obstruction are items placed:

(1) in a space not over four inches high and 12 inches long in the lower right-hand corner of the windshield;

(2) in such space as the commissioner of motor vehicles may specify for location of any sticker required by governmental regulation; (i.e., inspection sticker)

(3) in a space not over two inches high and two and one-half inches long in the upper left-hand corner of the windshield;  (this is where your oil change reminder sticker goes)

Anything else on the windshield is in violation of this statue.  In case you are curious, here is the link to Title 23 of the Vermont Statues which governs motor vehicles: http://www.leg.state.vt.us/statutes/chapters.cfm?Title=23

Chapter 13 contains most of the laws regarding motor vehicle operation.

ASB

Scott
: 152

« #31 : March 24, 2011, 01:26:57 PM »

Actually Scott, several motor vehicle laws don't apply to an on-duty officer (seatbelt, speeding), and that's probably one of them.

Your kid is starting a bit early isn't she? ;)

I know...just saying. ;)

Regards,
Scott
cedarman
: 370

« #32 : March 24, 2011, 01:38:55 PM »

Yeah, cops are SOOO much better drivers than the rest of us, so they can deal with all of their distractions better than the rest of us.

Yes, they have a job to do.  Yes, some exceptions can and should be made to allow them to DO their job without extra liabilities, etc, but the number of electronic devices they have in their police cars now should require a second person (Mandatory!!) to operate them all, or remove them.

To address a prior comment about cops having a reason to pull someone over for not wearing a seatbelt - I thought VT reclassed the seatbelt violation as a Primary traffic violation being not wearing a seatbelt IS cause to pull someone over.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #33 : March 24, 2011, 02:33:44 PM »

I believe you are right Cedarman, you can pull someone over for not wearing their seatbelt now. 

Mary Kay, sorry for the bad advice the hash marks on the windshield is the Law in CA or was when I was out there.  Anyways still the same outcome you don't need to worry about your Oil sticker hahaha.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
ansbaker
: 36

« #34 : March 24, 2011, 04:12:07 PM »

Seatbelt violations for anyone over the age of 18 are secondary violations - you cannot be pulled over primarily for not wearing a seatbelt.  However, unseatbelted individuals under the age of 18 and child restraint violations are primary violations.

ASB
trussell
: 870

« #35 : March 24, 2011, 08:38:44 PM »

Just to be defiant, I moved my oil change sticker over four inches.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #36 : March 25, 2011, 05:45:31 AM »

Thanks to Trooper Baker for taking the time to provide us with the facts.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
trussell
: 870

« #37 : March 25, 2011, 08:40:39 AM »

Just to be defiant, I moved my oil change sticker over four inches

I moved it back.  It bothered me.  Plus, I didn't want Josh on my tail ;)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #38 : March 25, 2011, 03:50:14 PM »

i dont wear my seatbelt
Stand Alone Defense

« #39 : March 28, 2011, 08:54:28 AM »

So this morning I was heading to work around 8:50 and as I was traveling down 104A I come up on this white panel van.  It was covered with dirt so bad that I could not read the lettering on the back of it the only thing I could see clearly was the license plate because it had been wiped clean.  It made me think of our convo on here and upon getting closer to the van at the intersection of route 7 I could read the company's name "Roupe's Plumbing and Heating"!!! I have to say Ed it made me laugh!!

Stand Alone Defense

« #40 : March 28, 2011, 09:08:09 AM »

Just to be defiant, I moved my oil change sticker over four inches

I moved it back.  It bothered me.  Plus, I didn't want Josh on my tail ;)

No worries Trevor, the top 4 inches of my windshield is tinted LOL.  Although though it came from Nissan that way and it's in the glass so there isn't anything I can do about it.  It would probably be kind of hypocritical for me to give you a hard time about your sticker. 
« : March 28, 2011, 09:29:52 AM FXDHS »

Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #41 : April 01, 2011, 01:35:37 AM »

ED,
The cop was a rook.
My first ever ticket at age 42 was an illegal left turn into the middel lsnd onto a one way road.

A cop friend of mine says that only rooks know and care about your situation and mine.

MEOW!
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
: