Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 09:57:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  has anybody heard of such a thing?
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: has anybody heard of such a thing?  ( 26293 )
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« : March 19, 2011, 03:46:16 PM »

my wife and daughter were driving down the intersate and a cop pulled them over and after interagateing them ,were are you going what are you doing ?he asked them why he thought he was pulling them over ????I DONT KNOW ,he said they had a dirty lisence plate and to clean it off so he can see it. WHAT THE @#$##%^&^??? HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE . im pissed right now
al brodeur
: 216

« #1 : March 19, 2011, 04:42:33 PM »

here in pa the  law requires the plate to be readable  at 50 feet, now that does not cover what the operators are--cute?
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : March 19, 2011, 08:22:34 PM »

Sounds like for those people that live on dirt roads, they will need to develop a License Plate Washer - Mighty hard to keep a clean plate especially during Mud Season in Vermont

Henry Raymond
rod anode

« #3 : March 20, 2011, 06:44:43 AM »

my thoughts exactly,where do they get these kids from ?L.A.
slpott
: 457

« #4 : March 20, 2011, 07:05:43 AM »

I have always known that but never even thought about it since. I have never cleaned it off but it does make sense. Think about it. Stoeln car with child. How would you see the plates if they were all covered in mud. Sorry Ed, I love you but....
rod anode

« #5 : March 20, 2011, 08:00:54 AM »

my daughter said they never covered that in drivers ed.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #6 : March 20, 2011, 10:30:58 AM »

It is something to justify a lawful stop just like getting pulled over for having a air freshener on your rear view mirror.  Cops will use that just to check you out and make sure everything else is on the Up and Up.  it is required by law to have a plate visable and displayed on your vehicle while operating on a public through way.  It's in Title 23 somewhere Ed i have no clue where though haven't opened that book in a few years lol.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Travis
: 141

« #7 : March 20, 2011, 01:19:43 PM »

I've always tried to keep my plates clean. Plus in mud or snow season it is a very good idea to clean your headlights as well. It makes a huge difference when driving at night to have clean headlights.
rod anode

« #8 : March 20, 2011, 05:35:05 PM »

for about ten seconds
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #9 : March 21, 2011, 03:16:30 PM »

Wait, Josh, They can pull me over for having an air freshner hanging from my rearview mirror???  That is crazy! 

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #10 : March 21, 2011, 03:27:44 PM »

Yes they can Mary Kay, It's called "obstruction of view" you will see this happen a lot during "Click it or Ticket". It is an easy way to bust people not wearing there seat belt and check all their info.  There is a story that the famous Island Pond Constable Teddy Miller once wrote a ticket to a Nun for having a rosary hanging from her rear view mirror.   I don't know if it is true but it wouldn't surprise me he seemed to take his job to whole different level.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #11 : March 21, 2011, 04:47:42 PM »

Funny you should say that Josh.  Since my house fire, my Aunt gave me a rosary and I have had it hanging over the rear view mirror WITH my air freshner.  Oh, I am a rebel! LOL

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
LauriH
: 53

« #12 : March 21, 2011, 09:16:21 PM »

It seems to me that a nun would have more respect for her rosary than to hang it from her rear view mirror like a pair of fuzzy dice.  Teddy Miller gave me a ticket once.  I was speeding, he nailed me for it.  It's kind of funny how that happens like that.  Someone commits a moving violation like speeding, going through a stop sign, etc., they get caught and get a ticket.  I still make sure I watch my speed going through Island Pond and he hasn't even been in the state for years.  I guess he did his job.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #13 : March 22, 2011, 06:25:28 AM »

Doesn't add up, Ed. Red Flag.
What does "Where are you going ?" have to do with a "dirty plate" ?
There is technology that reads plates and might have not registered, so the stop,
but again.... "Where are you going ?"

And on another note, nothing should hang from your mirror.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Travis
: 141

« #14 : March 22, 2011, 06:43:01 AM »

Chris, every time I've ever been pulled over, the officer has always asked where I was going. If the officers are over-reaching or asking things they shouldn't, then our elected officials should work towards changing the laws. Hint, hint. :)
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: