Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:39:51 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Out Of Area - 000-000-0000 Calls To My Home Phone
« previous next »
: [1]
: Out Of Area - 000-000-0000 Calls To My Home Phone  ( 13190 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 05, 2010, 12:18:49 PM »

Anyone else receiving these calls - I have received 4 calls from this Caller ID in the past couple of days - I will really be upset if they wake me up from my afternoon nap this afternoon.

Henry Raymond
ohhman
: 469

« #1 : October 05, 2010, 01:00:20 PM »

Yes Henry,  I had 2 of them yesterday;  the 1st I missed while online & the 2nd I took & no one there....figured it must have to do with politics!! funny, just had another 1!!!! Can tell you if the phone would have rung & woke up my little ones, THEY would have known I wasn't happy!!!
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : October 05, 2010, 01:07:18 PM »

Yup I got one this AM!! also no answer right away so I hung up.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
LauriH
: 53

« #3 : October 05, 2010, 01:10:58 PM »

Got 2 myself.  I don't bother answering these calls or blocked or 800 numbers anymore.  If it is important to the individual calling, they can leave a message.  This caller did not bother to try to leave a message so they obviously did not have anything important to say.
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #4 : October 05, 2010, 02:25:03 PM »

It's probably a survey/poll of some sort.  I worked for a market research company, and when they were doing polls, they would try to get a wide range of respondents from different towns in VT.  So sometimes specific towns or counties would be on the list to be called, if there hadnt been enough responses from a certain area.

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #5 : October 05, 2010, 02:52:00 PM »

I have had two of these calls as well and they were close to the times that Dad (Henry) received his. No message was left.  But when Dad answered the first one, there was no one on the line, they just hung up.

If you receive a call from 1-000-000-0000, realize this:  it is a way to fake out telephone number for caller id (using a technique called SPOOFING).  It is most likely not just ONE person/organization calling.  It could be anybody.

I advise not to give them any information.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
mirjo
: 785

« #6 : October 05, 2010, 04:22:15 PM »

I routinely get Out-of-Area calls, but none that ever show any kind of number, not even 0's. i don't answer any calls from out of state, out-of-area or a generic wireless caller unless I  recognize the number. If it's important, the person on the other end can leave a message--none is ever left.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
cakelady
: 43

« #7 : October 05, 2010, 07:37:02 PM »

I got some of these last night. Finally, the third time, someone responded and said they were from the American Red Cross.
fletchtb
: 310

« #8 : October 05, 2010, 09:10:51 PM »

I got one this evening and the person on the other end asked me who I would vote for if the election were today (Dubie/Shumlin and Leahy/Britton). I responded and they said the call was paid for by the Democrats.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #9 : October 05, 2010, 09:50:33 PM »

I got yet another call when I was a Mass tonight at 7:05 - I suspect there are several groups calling - I just am not going to answer the call when I see it come up on my caller ID

Henry Raymond
greenek
: 54

« #10 : October 07, 2010, 06:08:57 AM »

We've been receiving calls from this number recently as well, almost on a daily basis. They called the other night, and I decided to answer the phone. They asked for my wife, by name. I identified myself as her husband, and that she was not available at the time - even though she was standing right next to me. I asked if I could relay a message to her. The person said no, she was calling for a political survey, and would call at a later date, and hung up.
kevin
: 64

« #11 : October 09, 2010, 09:29:06 PM »

You can answer this one safely.  It is a political poll.  Once you answer they'll stop calling.  If they ask for someone other than you, for example your spouse, just say that you are that person and they will ask you two questions - who are you voting for governor (Dubie/Shumlin) and who are you voting for senator (Leahy/Britton).  Quick and easy and one less annoying phone call to screen.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
-Winston Churchill
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #12 : October 10, 2010, 05:07:31 PM »

The America Red Cross is calling many people to drive up support for blood donation. Levels are critically low and have been for some time now. I had not realized that I was eligible to donate again since my last donation but they called me on the 8 week mark and got me signed up for an appointment on Monday at the Blood Center. Their number came through as unavailable on my cell phone, but after they called four or so times I answered the call and found out that it was the Red Cross. So, be wary of people asking for personal information but remember that some non-profits also ring is as Unavailable... Give blood if you can, or they will find you! :-)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: