Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:00:44 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  2010 Census-Did you get counted? We didn't.
« previous next »
: [1]
: 2010 Census-Did you get counted? We didn't.  ( 4147 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : October 02, 2010, 08:18:39 AM »

Is the 2010 Cesus complete? We never had anyone come to the house. They wouldn't let the forms be delivered to a PO Box, so we didn't get that either.
When the final figures come in for Fairfax, you need to add two. Maybe more?

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #1 : October 02, 2010, 10:52:37 AM »

I dont think anyone came here either.

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
Kathleen
: 167

« #2 : October 04, 2010, 08:02:18 AM »

Wish I could say the same.  In Milton, I had someone come to my house to ask about my neighbor; then again to verify what I sent in on the paper; then again to verify what I said about my neighbor (which was only his first name and that he lived alone); then again to do a random survey about the census (which I refused to participate in); then again because I was a random sample and they couldn't change it and said I had to participate.  I refused again -- it was a matter of principle now (said the survey would take 20 minutes to verify my form that took me 5 minutes to fill out).  So then they called me on the telephone and I gave in and answered there 20 minute survey.  When our government gets something in their head, they're stubborn and persistent.
« : October 04, 2010, 08:09:17 AM Kathleen »
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : October 05, 2010, 03:29:27 PM »

We received several requests through mail and as well as a visit to the house because apparently mine was not there on time. 

Kathy, I believe you were just too nice so they kept using you :-)

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
lena6
: 357

« #4 : October 05, 2010, 04:49:07 PM »

S0meone came to the house and just verified the adress.  Could be a dozen people living here and the census would never know.  What a waste of money.................
LauriH
: 53

« #5 : October 05, 2010, 10:06:45 PM »

lena6, if this visit happened last fall, then that was all they were looking for at that time.  They had to canvas the country to update their address lists, add new housing units that had been built in the last 10 years and delete those that no longer exist.  That updated list was used for the actual Census that took place this past spring.  It sounds like you fell through the cracks and given the size of such an undertaking as trying to count every single person in this country, people are going to get missed.  It really isn't a waste of money since our representation in the House of Representatives is based on population and when we get funds from the federal government, the amount we get is based on our population.  So how do you figure the population of the different states?  You count them every 10 years.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: