Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:19:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Pictures of the Day 7/21/10 and Blog- Fire Dept. Stuff
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures of the Day 7/21/10 and Blog- Fire Dept. Stuff  ( 4590 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : July 20, 2010, 10:02:23 PM »

Wednesday July 21, 2010
Pictures of the Day

Patrick Bessette hosing down the trucks.

Paul Lavallee vacuuming out the cab of Engine 1.

Tom Snyder with the brush, doing the rims.

FIRE DEPARTMENT STUFF
Saturday will be kind of a busy day for the Fairfax Fire Department. The Art in Bloom festival is at Swanson's. Engine 1 will be there throughout the day. Come check it out. The kids can sit in the seats and let the imagination wander.
Engine 2 will be out at the Collins-Perley Complex for the Vermont State Firefighters Annual Convention Muster. E2 will help supply water for the games. Unfortunately, the department WILL NOT have a team this year. The department will be represented with the judges as former FXFD Chief Jim Field and myself will be the judges for the SCBA Endurance event.
At this time, there are no plans to put a truck in the parade on Sunday.
Any changes with anything, I will let you know.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : July 23, 2010, 10:58:51 PM »

I may have asked this and it may have been answered, but are those Pierce - Arrows?
Never could find the keys.

We had P-As on Adak when I was there. For structural.
I cannot remember the dinosaurs we had for Crash.

We had an alarm one time and I was riding right seat.
I ran into dispatch and grabbed the hand held and was suppose to find out where we were going.
I totally messed up and never really heard where the alarm was, I hopped into the cab and the operator asked me where we were headed.

I thinking of it as the second pumper rolled out and I couldn't remember. (we were a two pumper station)
As a quick response I said, "Follow them!"

We made it.
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« #2 : July 24, 2010, 06:18:09 AM »

Mike,

No they are not Pierce.  They are both manufactured by E-One.  I personally would love to put a Pierce in that station.  Someday soon hopefully.
al brodeur
: 216

« #3 : July 24, 2010, 04:39:46 PM »

Mike the monsters at Adak were usually Oshkosh or that is what they were when I was in
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #4 : July 25, 2010, 12:49:54 AM »

Al,
I never paid too much attention to the Crash trucks.... I was asleep most of the time.......USN!!!!
OR watching for caribou on the airfield.
All I remember is that they were big, yellow, leaked AFFF, and had no balls.

But Oshkosh does sound familiar.

I spent 99% of my time at NSGA Adak.
One structural truck AND I was the Lead Petty Officer of the shift. (that looks weird as I re read it)
Scary, eh?

We'd mount up and hit the package store Friday nights so we'd have "refreshments", for college football on Saturday morning. It was mandatory. 24 on and a Kelley day was "rough".

: [1]  
« previous next »
: