Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:15:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Coke Rep Story An Embellishment Of Fact
« previous next »
: [1]
: Coke Rep Story An Embellishment Of Fact  ( 3178 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 10, 2005, 09:11:38 AM »

Hi all,

The Coke Representative Story that I personally forwarded was an embellished story of salesmen going around Fairfax offering the coke as a gift to get their foot in the door in an attempt to sell their product.

Why one would feel they had to embellish this, is beyond me. A simple statement as to what was going on would have been much better.  I realize this could happen, but so could many other things.

Exaggerations such as this could cause future warnings to go unheeded and not acted upon by individuals like me.  My apologies for the misinformation, however, as I said in my note this morning, because of the seriousness of the situation I chose to err on the side of caution.

Have a great day,
Henry

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #1 : June 10, 2005, 10:27:56 AM »

Henry could you please explain what you mean about this being an embellishment?  There are a number of reports of this person going to peoples homes....are you saying the original story as told isn't true, that this person is an employee of Coke and isn't a potential threat? lmb

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : June 10, 2005, 11:07:01 AM »

The person or persons going to the houses were salesmen.  One is stated to have been a Kirby Vacuum Salesman - The other is said to have been a salesman only - The salesman was told they were not interested in buying and so he left.  In once case he was seen using a cell phone in the car.  That is all I know about it.  According to Chris Santee's web site, the State Police and Sheriff's department are not aware of the problem.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: