Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:06:32 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Former Fairfax Librarian Retires
« previous next »
: [1]
: Former Fairfax Librarian Retires  ( 2943 )
Suzy
: 429

« : April 16, 2010, 05:01:06 PM »

« : April 16, 2010, 06:41:52 PM Henry »
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : April 18, 2010, 09:44:42 AM »

Suzy    Congratulations to your mom for her many accomplishments over the years at both the Fairfax and South Burlington Community Libraries . Marnie transformed our facility into one very user-friendly and her sense of what was needed at our school and in our town to accomplish this was truly noteworthy. Maybe a little known fact now, but extremely important in 1973, was that we were the recipient of " The " only State Grant offered by Vermont at that time, designed to encourage towns to form Community Libraries with their schools and we needed to hire someone to implement the Grant and bring these units together. Marnie was our choice and she, along with her assistants from the town and community, did just that.
When Marnie moved on to a bigger challenge at the South Burlington Community Library, we were fortunate enough to be able to hire Joy Lebaron , who like Marnie thought of the community and school first while also utilizing Sharon Horr as a co-employee. Our reputation soared as a place of learning, due in no small part to these three professionals and their assistants.
My point is that Marnie was the first Librarian and we may never have got the point whereby we could have hired Joy or enlisted Sharon or met with great success except for Marnie's vision. Fairfax, BFA and Dick Brown owe her a debt of gratitude, and again I congratulate for a job well done in both towns.   
Suzy
: 429

« #2 : April 19, 2010, 09:02:57 AM »

Here's what Mom (Marnie Kneeland, as you may remember her) said (via FB):

"Dick Brown started me off as a library director by sending an encyclopedia salesman to our house about three hours after making the call to tell me I had been hired. I've been learning about libraries ever since. Thanks for the kind words. Being a librarian has been fun and rewarding as Suzy has learned."

(I'm not a real librarian, but I do work at a library and have had three promotions in spite of my degree in Early Childhood Education...Mama must have trained me right!) -Suzy
: [1]  
« previous next »
: