Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:40:51 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Success by Six Need Demo/Building Volunteers!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Success by Six Need Demo/Building Volunteers!  ( 4676 )
FairfaxSx6
: 17

We support preschool learning!

« : December 04, 2010, 07:13:37 AM »

Demo: The Storage Shed outside of Fairfax Elementary that holds all the Open Tot Gym/Infant & Parent Playtime Toys.

Build: The platform to hold a level 8x10 shed and a 8x10 shed from a kit.

Timeframe: One day

Get out your power tools, donate some time and help demo and build a new Toy Storage Shed!
[/b]

We are also looking for a donation of Pressure Treated Lumber to build the level shed platform.

Reply to this email, fairfaxsx6@hotmail.com, if interested!
The date of the Project will be determined once volunteer availability is gathered. In all likelyhood, Project Shed will happen next weekend.

Thank you!!

All activities are FREE and cater to children ages 6 and under!  Contact us by email with questions about any of the information above or regarding any BFA-PTSA’s Fairfax Success By Six programs.  Visit our website at ww2.bfafairfax.com/~sbys.
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« #1 : December 04, 2010, 03:40:44 PM »

Is there a date set for this project or are you waiting to set one until you hear who is helping?
cedarman
: 370

« #2 : December 05, 2010, 10:16:55 AM »

I'm interested in helping. Please let us know the expected day if known.
FairfaxSx6

« #3 : December 05, 2010, 04:51:16 PM »

The date of the Shed Project is still up in the air...it really does depend on volunteer availability. As of now, we have one volunteer. Once more people contact us, we'll be able to put together the date. Hopefully, it happens this weekend, preferably Saturday, December 11. Thank you all very much for your continued community support of Early Education programs.

All activities are FREE and cater to children ages 6 and under!  Contact us by email with questions about any of the information above or regarding any BFA-PTSA’s Fairfax Success By Six programs.  Visit our website at ww2.bfafairfax.com/~sbys.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #4 : December 06, 2010, 04:39:18 PM »

can it wait until spring?
cedarman
: 370

« #5 : December 07, 2010, 08:11:53 AM »

Could the shed be assembled indoors and moved to the site when the base is ready?

We have a garage big enough to build the shed inside, but we don't have anything to offer to move the shed.  Maybe a local auto garage might donate some ramp truck time to move it.
FairfaxSx6

« #6 : December 07, 2010, 01:43:44 PM »

Rod, It would be ideal, yes, if this project could wait until Spring. I'm just not sure about the logistics.
Cederman, This is a great question! And thank you very much for such a nice offer and suggestion!

At this point, with the snow piling up as quickly as it has, I'm going to FW all these idea/volunteer/suggestions to Patricia Hendee, the co-liaison for BFA-Fairfax Success by Six to get her input as well!

Best to all!

: [1]  
« previous next »
: