Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:22:09 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Visit To The Westford Market
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Visit To The Westford Market  ( 4759 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 19, 2011, 05:28:08 PM »

Michael lives in Fairfax and is known as The Green Jam Man - He makes jams and jellies from local fruits in season. His products are changing with the season, but he has Blueberry, Rasberry, Strawberry, Rhubarb, Cherry and other fruits available. Come by for a taste.   greenjamman@gmail.com

The Bee Sting Bakery located here in Fairfax off the Meade Road where Jason Minor lived before he built the Bread & Breakfast on Route 104A

Bee Sting Bakery Artisan Breads and Pastries - Handcrafted , wood-fired, all natural leavened breads are our passion. We bake french levain bread, and a selection of whole wheat, spelt and rye breads made with organic flour. We always use our own starter culture! Fresh pastries, hand-rolled Bavarian Pretzels and other baked goods also available. For more info, please visit our website: www.beestingbakery.com

Black Walnut Apiary, Robert J. Rooks - Raw and pasteurized honey, maple syrup, apples, grafted apple trees, Black Walnut saplings, heirloom “Old Garden” rose bushes, handcrafted bat and birdhouses available

Janet Franz, she lives in Westford and does not have a CSA Farm, but sells homegrown veggies from her small farm; she's especially known for her apples and potatoes.

Bread and Roses Farm CSA - Produce available throughout the season includes: beans, broccoli, carrots, celeriac, corn, cucumbers, salad mix, kale, lettuce, leeks, melons, onions, peas, peppers, winter squash, radishes, spinach, summer squash, swiss chard, tomatoes, turnips, basil, chives, cilantro, dill, parsley, mixed flower bouquets. Certified Naturally Grown. If interested in a 2012 CSA, please go to our website: www.breadandrosescsa.com or email info@breadandrosescsa.com

This lady is on the Plains Road in Westford and wanted me to make sure I got photos of her Day Lilies - She said she is not on a highly travelled highway so doesn't get much drive-by traffic for her Day Lilies

Euro Restaurant Essex - We sell freshly made European and International Food - Take some home or enjoy right at the market -

Emily Baked Goodies - Delicious Baked Goods: homemade Chocolate Cookies, Oatmeal Cookies, Sugar Cookies and occasionally brownies, banana bread and scones.

Fresh Foods Farm - Asian Homegrown Cooking - Made right here in Westford: Asian cuisines with fresh ingredients from our garden, healthy and authentic. Our prepared foods go beyond the regular; try our freshly prepared tofu and tempeh, the unique sauces, and the fresh meats and vegetables to explore the many flavors of Asia.

I did not get a name here, but the gentleman said it was their first fime at the market

This lady lives on the Plains Road and told me that her daughter married John Palmer from Georgia who was the son of Glendon Palmer

I wasn't able to talk to this guy to get his name, but he was parked in the shade and his sweet corn was going like hotcakes

Westford's Newest Resident - about 3 hours old brought down to the market at the delight of the kids and even some grownups from the Pouliot Farm, just South of Westford on Route 128
« : August 20, 2011, 04:54:30 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
kevin
: 64

« #1 : August 19, 2011, 11:56:28 PM »

I've had the sweet corn sold out of the tractor.  Very good stuff!

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
-Winston Churchill
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : August 20, 2011, 01:19:43 AM »

Was it SUPER SWEET?

I bet it was!
Razzle Dazzle

« #3 : August 20, 2011, 07:01:04 AM »

I'm hungry now...
Great stuff Henry, thanks for the look!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : August 21, 2011, 11:54:44 AM »

For those of you who may not be aware of what the hours are for The Westford Farmers Market It's every Friday afternoon from mid June to mid October from 3:30-6:30 pm (6:00 pm in October), and folks can check the website

for up to date information. (The dates of the winter markets will be posted there in Sept/Oct).

We are also on Facebook (westford farmers market vermont) And any comments or questions can be emailed to:

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #5 : August 21, 2011, 12:40:43 PM »

Thank you, Henry for posting these photos.  The Westford Farmer's Market is a great place to shop and hang out on a Friday afternoon.  They have music, too....an overall pleasant Vermont environment. Ohhhh. and those Bavarian pretzels.....
: [1]  
« previous next »
: