Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:59:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Summer Is Here - Set Up The AC In The Computer Room
« previous next »
: [1]
: Summer Is Here - Set Up The AC In The Computer Room  ( 1657 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 23, 2009, 09:53:09 AM »

We'll be doing the east-west split again today as a push-and-shove match continues between a low pressure system to our east and a bubble of high pressure to our west.

The Green Mountains will be the dividing line today.  If you are west of the Greens, you will get more sunshine.  If you are east of the Greens, there will be more in the way of clouds and the chance for a few showers.  The same thing will happen on Wednesday, although the dividing line will be closer to the CT River Valley.

We will also be warming up over the next few days.  By Thursday, we should all be well into the 80s for high temperatures.

Well, I have been reading one of our Fairfax Resident's Face Book's comments about the temperature down in Georgia.  I think he mentioned a heat index of 108 degrees last week and he didn't sound like a happy camper.  Apparently his company sent him down there for some training.  Reminds me of one of my management training sessions at Ann Arbor, Michigan in December one year  -  I thought I would freeze to death.

I think I will mow the lawn, or at least some of it - Sounds like a lot of work, but I just ride my John Deere around the lawn, so its not a tough job and it is quiet and peaceful here.

I should probably do a little jogging instead, especially after yesterday.   Went down to a wake for one of my friends who I worked with that passed away.  A number of people mentioned how much weight I had put on, or I should say, came right out and said it.  There has to be a nicer way than to say, "I hardly recognized you, you have put on so much weight."

Now, I have to admit that the thought crossed my mind to say, "I hardly recognized you, you look so old," but I didn't.

I do feel very, very fortunate however, as many of my friends, my age and younger are going through some tough times healthwise.  I do have a good life, and certainly am thankful for that.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: