Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:23:41 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  honor a veteran
« previous next »
: [1]
: honor a veteran  ( 2897 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : October 15, 2010, 12:25:58 PM »

Why not honor a veteran with your vote this November 2? The Honor A Vet With Your Vote program provides personalized buttons to voters who wish to cast their vote in honor of a particular veteran. I got a button in honor of my father John Whitney who is now 84 years old. When he was just 17, he left high school before graduation and enlisted in the US navy during World War 2. Why don’t you honor someone important to you? You may order buttons by contacting Olivia Gay at olivia.gay@sec.state.vt.us.
This is a great opportunity for voters in Franklin County to recognize those who have proudly served this country and worked to keep our democracy strong! 
It is easy to participate and free! For more information about this program contact Olivia Gay at 802-828-1296 or contact me at cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us.

Rep. Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia
Vermont House of Representatives

Carolyn Branagan
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : October 15, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »

Didn't they do this a few years ago? I have a button with my grandfather's name on it that I wore to one election. He fought in WWI. I'll have to dig it out.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« #2 : October 15, 2010, 06:19:29 PM »

Mike,

Yes, this project has been going on for several years. You should wear your button November 2nd when you vote.
I think it's a great way to remember those who were willing to serve our country.  I'm actually going to wear two this year, one for  my father (navy, WW2) and one for my brother (air force).

Carolyn

Carolyn Branagan
: [1]  
« previous next »
: