Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 12:08:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  My First Observation Of Someone Texting While Driving
« previous next »
: [1]
: My First Observation Of Someone Texting While Driving  ( 3310 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 18, 2010, 08:35:11 AM »

Just went down to get my newspaper and as I was getting ready to cross back across the road, saw this car coming up the Fletcher Road.  A middle aged gentleman with a beard had both hands on top of the steering wheel and was texting, I assume, as he had a little iphone type thing.  Apparently he was looking at the screen and the road, but I certainly wouldn't have wanted to have been an object in the road he would have had to stop for or dodge.  I had difficulty believing that people could text and drive, but after seeing that, they certainly do.  This guy was not going fast, probably 35 mph, but never the less, still not a good idea.

Maryann knows if she calls me on my cell phone, if I am driving, I will not answer her, I will call her back when I can stop.  It tells me who tried to call, so it is not a problem for me.  It may be my age, but I do not multi-task well.

By the way, I tried using spell check and my spell check here on the forum has no idea what texting is or iphone.

Henry Raymond
special ED

« #1 : March 18, 2010, 10:54:30 AM »

fletcherboy was that you .............shame,shame,on you
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #2 : March 19, 2010, 09:55:19 AM »

Its illegal in Tennessee to text and drive.  Of course it doesn't stop anyone..much like the law in NY about talking on cell phones and driving...

I saw this yesterday as I was stopped to turn left...(linked from my Facebook page..)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=30598502&id=1274884125

« : March 19, 2010, 12:43:05 PM Henry »

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : March 21, 2010, 02:20:58 AM »

If you can txt with a non qwerty phone, I APPLAUD you!!

Ed, I'll splain qwerty to you later....
not sure if I know what that means either.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: