Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:47:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Skunks Are Out!! The Skunks Are Out!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Skunks Are Out!! The Skunks Are Out!!  ( 2512 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 15, 2008, 08:28:38 AM »

Tuesday night is skunk night, at least up here on the Fletcher Road.  Last night got a call about 10 p.m. from our neighbor, that the dog had an encounter with a skunk.  Not sure what they used to deodorize him, but the lights were on for a while outside.  Would say it was not the perfect end to the day for them.

I think that some people in the neighborhood may put out their trash with some garbage in it on Tuesday nights ready for Wednesday and the skunks must have trash day marked on their calendar.  I remember when I lived down where Ed Paquin lives in the early 1960s and we used to keep our garbage in Kay & Adolph Hoben's barn.  We used to heat the house with a kerosene pot burner and kept our kerosene in their barn also.  They didn't have a light switch, so when I went in and it was dark, used to have to walk in about 5 feet or so and pull the string to light the light.  More often than not, when the light came on, I would come face to face with a skunk and my heart would go ka-thump right down into the soles of my shoes.

Skunks are near the top of my list for animals I don't want to come in contact with.

There used to be lots of skunks walking around the village back in those days, don't know if that is still true or not.  They appeared to live in or under the old buildings.

Henry Raymond
chelseaclark
: 54

« #1 : October 15, 2008, 12:53:37 PM »

I (and my dogs) will attest to the fact that there are skunks in the village too. (boo!) We have had luck with an enzyme deodorizer, but lots of people recommend a baking soda & peroxide concoction as well.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : October 15, 2008, 05:57:00 PM »

Vinegar and water. We keep a bottle of vinegar handy.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: