Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:45:23 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Plays A Part In Building The Champlain Bridge
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Plays A Part In Building The Champlain Bridge  ( 3109 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 05, 2011, 07:50:48 AM »

Brenden Driscoll & Jack Lemieux have both worked long hard hours to insure the new Champlain Bridge was completed as soon as possible.  I had hoped to get a photo of the both of them down at the bridge, but know they have been working long hard hours and I never did get them.  Also, our local lumber yard here on the Fletcher Road played a part in building some of the forms.  I know I had that article someplace, but was not able to find it.  Click on the link below to see what I had put up on Brenden & Jack:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=12430.0

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : November 05, 2011, 07:52:29 AM »

I just found the article I had put up on Amoskeag building the forms:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=11478.0

Henry Raymond
BCota
: 59

concrete is love -- pour it on

« #2 : November 07, 2011, 07:53:20 AM »

I snapped a few photos last summer while the drilled shaft foundation was going in - Brendan is in this one (white hat)...not sure if I've got any of Jack or not.

Good work guys!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

you don't go reaching into a haystack for a needle if you know there's a whole lotta needles in there
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : November 07, 2011, 08:00:13 AM »

Thanks Ben - Brenden is my neighbor, but have never met him and Jack's parents live just a short ways from me also.  Haven't had a chance to talk to Roger Boozan, the Fletcher Native who was there back in 1929 for the first opening to see if he was going to be there this afternoon - Roger is in his 90s, but I suspect if he possibly can, he definitely will be there - Looks like a nice day for the opening and thanks so much for the photo Ben.

Henry Raymond
BCota
: 59

concrete is love -- pour it on

« #4 : November 07, 2011, 08:00:35 AM »

He could be one of the guys working on this pier as he described to Henry - they're quite a ways up there so he'd be the only one that could say.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

you don't go reaching into a haystack for a needle if you know there's a whole lotta needles in there
: [1]  
« previous next »
: