Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:46:23 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Got To Do Some Prioritizing
« previous next »
: [1]
: Got To Do Some Prioritizing  ( 2505 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 31, 2010, 07:34:57 AM »

I am starting to get my thank you's organized - I am still getting 5 or six cards a day - I have heard from so many nice people and a lot of people have stopped in to say "Hi" also.  Steve Bessette sent me an initial report from The Fairfax Fire Department on what people have sent in in Memory of Maryann and I know some have told me that sent money in to Fairfax Rescue also.  I have some more here that I need to bring down to both of them.

I am so very, very grateful to both of those organizations - A good project this winter will be to put the 100s of cards and notes in a scrap book.  Mary Kay has helped me get a handle of paying the bills.  My Old IBM Retiree friends want me to go down and have breakfast with them next Tuesday Morning - Of course I am being picked up and will be leaving here at 6:30 a.m. - One thing I differ in from most retirees is I am not an early riser, but to please them, I will do this once - Never could quite figure out why retirees get up so early in the morning and then at 10 a.m. wonder what they are going to do.  It will be great to see them however.

Tuesday is also my Senior Luncheon Day, but will have to wait until the third Tuesday of the month to start going back to that.

I still do not sit at the computer too long, due to the neck problems, but I believe it is a little better - Next shots August 13th

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : August 01, 2010, 01:50:08 AM »

Henry,

I cannot believe that any reasonable person would expect a Thank-you card from you for sending their condolences to you.

But that is me, I am not Mister Manners or Mister Etiquette. You knew that, correct?

You making the above post should suffice, In my opinion.
Again, I am counting on the reasonable person. (too much?)

Your PRIORITIES are being of sound MIND and sound health after loosing a loved one.

The actual paying the bills may be a challenge.
I know it was for me until the wife took it over.
I'd forget and or put if off and WHAM,,,,, no cable tv, no internet, no garbage pick up, etc, etc.
They all charge too much!!!!!!!!!!!! Them Bassterds!

Sleep in, stay up late, eat supper for breakfast, eat breakfast for supper, drink a beer or two, watch an R rated movie, etc.

Also, enjoy the memories.
al brodeur
: 216

« #2 : August 01, 2010, 12:45:27 PM »

Henry,
Mike has said it all except maybe add a couple of gin's
: [1]  
« previous next »
: