Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 11:52:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Opinion of Fairfax Fireworks (Click on 2 For Latest Comments)
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Opinion of Fairfax Fireworks (Click on 2 For Latest Comments)  ( 11893 )
ohhman
: 469

« #15 : July 08, 2008, 12:13:41 PM »

We did contribute also, but did not attend because of other commitments;  just wanted to say we were at a camp that had fireworks, whose folks paid quite a bit less, were set off by a Guardsman & Ins. agent, whom did a fantastic job & they were excellent.  My gripe is putting it in my taxes so I HAVE to contribute!  I don't feel that is fair to all those that do not attend!  With the rising costs of everything, I feel maybe to some it may not be expensive, but there are those of us that need to use our monies to support our families!  All these "little costs" really add up in the final picture of our tax bills!
Mummy
: 280

« #16 : July 08, 2008, 07:23:55 PM »

I agree with you!

That is why I feel there should be "jars" available now AND when we vote.  If you "want" to donate with no pressure, please do so.
If folks can not afford to donate, they could still be involved by donating a Firework JAR for November voting day.  Volunteers could collect the coins and wrap them for the Business Association.

We all know about JOE' pond in Hardwick, the Town places a Block on the pond in January and sells dates on when it will fall through!  This is how they fund their Firework Fund ... all donations which the winner receives half of what is raised.  It is fun for all the folks AND folks who stop for gas always takes a chance!  I live in Fairfax but always make a trip through that Town to buy a chance on the block.  In fact, people in NY talk about the block on Joe's pond in a little town in VT!
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: