Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:20:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Morrisville Device Was A Live Hand Grenade
« previous next »
: [1]
: Morrisville Device Was A Live Hand Grenade  ( 4828 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 23, 2013, 01:15:25 PM »

MORRISVILE — Vermont State Police say the device found outside a McDonald’s restaurant in Morrisville that prompted the shopping plaza to be evacuated was a live hand grenade.

The state police bomb squad made the device safe and removed it.

WCAX-TV reports that police said Friday that they don’t know where the explosive came from.

Police were called to the Morrisville Shopping Plaza at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday after receiving the report about the grenade.

When officers arrived they determined it was a completely assembled grenade.

Police shut down parts of Route 15, evacuated the plaza and called in the state police bomb squad.

State police x-rayed the device and determined that it was real.

Henry Raymond
Razzle Dazzle

« #1 : August 24, 2013, 07:26:47 AM »

Scary...I hope they can figure out who left it. Thats pretty close to terrorism in my mind.
cedarman
: 370

« #2 : August 26, 2013, 09:59:16 AM »

Is there still an active Armory in Morrisville? I think the timing is consistent with the 186th returning from annual training in Ft. Drum, NY.  I wonder if some soldiers went through for dinner when returning to the Armory and the "device" it might have fallen from a military vehicle.   I would assume the state police have already explored this possibility AND that local guard members from that area would have already reassessed their current inventory.
al brodeur
: 216

« #3 : August 26, 2013, 06:35:07 PM »

check for fingerprints as all GI'S are fingerprinted
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #4 : August 27, 2013, 11:10:57 AM »

Only got to throw 2 Grenades in 6 years Active duty and it is a big boom!! VERY LUCKY NO ONE WAS HURT!!

I would be very surprised if there were any live grenades issued to any guard member during training.  That type of training is done in a very restrictive environment and there is almost no chance a soldier could walk off with a live one.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
wwiihistory
: 56

« #5 : August 28, 2013, 07:38:01 PM »

Was it determined if it was a smoke grenade or shrapnel grenade? Knowing  how the free press & wcax report it could have been nuke
: [1]  
« previous next »
: