Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:46:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  9th Annual Tree Lighting & Gingerbread House Contest
« previous next »
: [1]
: 9th Annual Tree Lighting & Gingerbread House Contest  ( 3551 )
Colin Santee
: 21

« : November 19, 2015, 11:35:37 AM »

This year marks the ninth annual Tree Lighting Celebration here in Fairfax, and this year we are changing things up a little bit!  On December 12th, the Fairfax, Fletcher, Westford (FFW) Band will be joining forces with the Parks & Rec. department to put on an amazing holiday spectacular!  You can still expect the free cookies and hot cocoa that you've come to love, as well as the visit from Santa, and the decorated SD Ireland truck.  However, this year we are introducing new activities to the event like the holiday concert and the Gingerbread House Contest!

The entire event is free, including entry to the contest.  To enter, simply email me (Colin Santee) at "recreation@fairfax-vt.gov" with you name, age, and phone number to get signed up.  We will have an adult (17 & up) and a youth (16 & under) category, with winner selected from each.  We will also award the most creative entry with a special prize as well.

For more information on this event, check out our event page on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/896988247015962/

Who: The Fairfax Parks & Rec. Dept with the FFW Band
What: 9th Annual Tree Lighting Celebration and Gingerbread House Contest
When: Saturday, Dec. 12th from 4:00pm until 5:30pm
Where: The Baptist Building, 1210 Main St. Fairfax, VT 05454
Why: To foster community solidarity through a completely free event

Thanks for reading, we hope to see you there!

Colin Santee, Director
Fairfax Parks & Rec. Dept.
Ann
: 10

« #1 : November 24, 2015, 09:11:02 AM »

Looking to borrow or if you want to donate Artifical Christmas Trees with or without lights. They will be set up inside and we will only need them for the 12th. you can either comment here, on facebook, private message or send an email to ann@dustytrailrealty.com
GreytJB
: 22

« #2 : December 11, 2015, 10:22:28 AM »

Hope to see everyone there tomorrow!
Colin Santee
: 21

« #3 : December 11, 2015, 10:49:02 AM »

Should be a good time! Don't forget to let me know if you are planning on submitting a gingerbread house for the contest!

Colin Santee, Director
Fairfax Parks & Rec. Dept.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: