Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 05:58:12 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Fairfax robberies
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Fairfax robberies  ( 27723 )
Lilone
: 81

« : July 28, 2009, 07:25:14 PM »

Sunday July 26, 2009 there was a robbery on Mainstreet in Fairfax. After talking with other Fairfax residents, and citizens who work in Fairfax, this seems to be a  growing problem and concern. All the robberies point to the same group of people and same street and yet nothing is being done about it. How many more hard working citizens need to go through the emotional roller coaster of some criminal riffling through personal belongings and taking whatever they please? As a community, we should be able to do something
dearon
: 233

« #1 : July 28, 2009, 09:01:41 PM »

I've taken notice in the last few months more and more people go really slowly by our place.  We've even had some pull up to the gate then turn around and leave.  This gate has been up since 94 and we've had very few people do this but 2-3 in a month is a bit creepy.  We do have the guns and ammo to back it up, we will defend ourself if something should happen, but don't want it to come to this.  I know police coverage is sparse and I believe the theives do to. 
We had a problem with break-ins back in the mid 70's, a person broke into our home when we were sleeping (I was not) that was extremely frightening, glad I'm married to a veteran who knew how to defend his family. 
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : July 28, 2009, 09:12:05 PM »

I was told there was a Robbery in the village on Fletcher Road last week also.

Henry Raymond
David Shea
: 471

« #3 : July 28, 2009, 10:04:56 PM »

A local police officer told me that two home have been broken into on Mead Road & one on Lawton Road.

I had a red jeep pull half way down my driveway and then back out when the driver saw me.
dearon
: 233

« #4 : July 29, 2009, 06:01:05 AM »

There have been two robberies, that I'm aware of, on Michelle Rd., both last year.  Not home invasions, car/truck was broken into and tools stolen.  I don't think anyone is immune to this.
edakrupp

« #5 : July 29, 2009, 07:41:01 AM »

From what I hear, These Main street robberies are near steeple market and are being done by a couple of teen boys, who start by scoping out the places asking for bottle donations, then returning for a break in. One of these happened in broad daylight, they cut through a screened window. They took cash and rolled coins, another resident said he missed some beer and noticed that his screen was replaced wrong.

Suspicion has it that they are under age, looking for cash for soda, candy and who knows what else. Teens at loose ends on hot boaring summer days, with no regards for other people or any thought of the stress they inflict on our community, because they are simply too young to understand.

keep your houses locked and get big scary dogs to keep predators at bay.
Travis
: 141

« #6 : July 29, 2009, 07:49:35 AM »

When I moved here 2 years ago, I kept hearing noises in my garage in the middle of the night and other places outside the house. Not to mention the doorbell ringing at 1am etc. I ended up buying a gun to protect my family. Here in rural Vermont I didn't feel safe in my own home. That was after living for 6 years about an hour outside of New York City where I never had this problem.

If these are teenage boys, their parents had better rein them in very quickly or they could end up shot. It is legal in Vermont to shoot a person that has broken into your home. There is no duty to retreat any longer.
wwiihistory
: 56

« #7 : July 29, 2009, 05:33:28 PM »

Keep your eyes open around colonial rd.
Lilone

« #8 : July 31, 2009, 07:23:13 AM »

I google maped fairfax and am putting pins where the robberies took place. So far there is almost a complete circle around maple street. Go figure. Anyone else know where there were any robberies in fairfax? It could even be as far as 3 years back.
« : July 31, 2009, 08:39:13 AM Lilone »
edakrupp

« #9 : July 31, 2009, 08:01:00 AM »

I know that the green house next to Country Pantry has two burgleries at their neighbors house, althoug I am not sure which side.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #10 : July 31, 2009, 09:01:07 AM »

I received another report of a robbery that occurred across from Minor's Store.  A small safe was stolen - It contained no money or valuables, just sentimental photos that are irreplaceable.

Henry Raymond
Lilone

« #11 : July 31, 2009, 09:30:27 AM »

It's getting rediculous. Since I was 10 I had been collecting old coins. Wheat pennies, indian head pennies, bicentennial quarters ect. and some little punk just came right in and took them all.
edakrupp

« #12 : July 31, 2009, 11:56:52 AM »

The teen stole 40.00 worth of coins, rolled, then went to Minors to cash them in.
« : July 31, 2009, 02:38:19 PM Henry »
Lilone

« #13 : July 31, 2009, 12:07:51 PM »

Yes and his friend cashed in $20 in ones. When asked where he got the money, the friend had nothing to say. Then after they cashed in the first time, they went back to minors after the cop had left they tried to go back in, but got kicked out for good. And another man went in and cashed in a winning lottery ticket that was stolen from the house.
« : July 31, 2009, 12:25:30 PM Lilone »
ohhman
: 469

« #14 : July 31, 2009, 12:24:25 PM »

So I ask, at what point do people start taking matters into their own hands? Is there a description of the culprits? Does anyone know names? How about posting these bits of info so that people are aware of WHO these culprits are? When do the victimized start to put the heat on not only to the culprits, but also to the sheriff's dept. whom we pay a considerable amount of money to, to catch these culprits?  Hey Josh, not to put you on the spot, but do you have any suggestions?? To some, these burglaries may seem small, but to those victimized, it is such a violation of privacy, of personal belongings! When Dale's chainsaws where stolen, it was not only the fact that they were STOLEN, but the fact someone had the audacity to take something from INSIDE your home.....that doesn't belong to them, that you have worked hard to buy, that will cost how much if you were to replace it,  makes the B.P. go sky high just thinking about it!! Someday we hope these culprits are caught & forced to do restitution....or maybe caught by the homeowner whom takes matters into their own hands.
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: