Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 02:19:58 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Snack survey in Fairfax?
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4
: Snack survey in Fairfax?  ( 30284 )
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #15 : June 30, 2011, 11:23:36 AM »

Yeah they are great weapons the P229 DAK is what all ICE Agents carry now.  I actually think most Feds Secret Service, FBI and ATF all carry sig now and for good reason they stand behind their product.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Travis
: 141

« #16 : June 30, 2011, 11:48:58 AM »

Yep. I love watching NCIS and saying, "That's my gun!"
Judi
: 508

« #17 : June 30, 2011, 03:46:52 PM »

2 people came to our house last week with a basket in hand. I told them I had company before he had a chance to say what he wanted and they left. One came to the door and the other stayed in the vehicle. 
al brodeur
: 216

« #18 : June 30, 2011, 03:48:57 PM »

whats become of fairfax? we did not lock our doors when we would leave
darn flatlanders
Margie
: 156

« #19 : June 30, 2011, 10:03:05 PM »

I was at my friend's house in Essex this evening.  These guys came to his door!  He said the van was grey colored, or so he thought.  There were three men - one who came to the door and two others in the van. 

The guy at the door had a basket and tried to give it to my friend.  He simply said, I'm sorry I have company, so the guy walked away. 

So...Fairfax is not alone. 
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #20 : July 01, 2011, 01:41:53 AM »

Reason number 113 why I answer the door with my glock!! It keeps strange people from ever coming back!! LOL

Josh,

I TOTALLY mis-read your post the 1st time.
I thought you were gonna get banned..... arrested, on NBC "To Catch a Predator".....et all
sweetpeakt
: 43

« #21 : July 01, 2011, 09:33:12 AM »

I had a man stop at my house last night around 5:30.  He didn't say who he was or what he did.  I had read this post when it first came out so I told him that I wasn't interested and ask him to leave.  Right after he left we had to leave for a party and he was not at anyone elses house, which scared me a little.  Why our house and not anyone elses?  I was sketched out when he asked if "the woman of the house was home".  Not the brighest thing to say to someone this day in age.  I'm considering calling the athorities.  Did anyone get a license plate?  I was in too much of a hurry to write it down. 
Thor

« #22 : July 01, 2011, 10:41:52 AM »

If these guys are "legit" they would not be picking individual houses to conduct their "survey". They would be going to every house on a particular street. This absolutely does not make any sense, other than they are casing particular places. What we need is for everyone to be aware of this situation, and if approached, make sure you answer the door with your cell phone or digital camera. After you tell them to leave your premises, walk out and take a quick pic of the vehicle, hopefully getting the license plate at the same time. Then come inside and write down every bit of detail you can about these guys, right then, so it is still fresh. Regardless of whether or not you are in a hurry to go somewhere or do something else, you should note every bit of detail you can regarding these guys. Something just ain't right, and if everybodies spidy senses are tingling when these folks show up, that probably means that nothing good can come from these folks being around.

Whenever someone shows up at my place unexpectedly, they generally come to the front door and ring the bell. When that happens, I exit the house through the back, circle around the house and make my approach from their flank, which typically catches them off guard. And they don't generally like what I have in my hands. This tactic works so well, that the Jehovah Witness folks have NEVER come back. Nor would any vacuum salesman or folks taking surveys or whatever. And I ain't polite about it. It is your family/property.... and you have every right to tell them to pack sand and get the hell out.

And even if they are on the "up and up", I don't really give a rat's rear about them or their feelings. I don't need what they are peddling and hopefully they don't ever come back.
trussell
: 870

« #23 : July 01, 2011, 05:37:58 PM »

My wife just informed me that a silver minivan with two guys stopped by our house in North Fairfax and offered a basket of goodies if she would listen to their presentation.  She didn't get the license plate number and wasn't enticed enough by the free cheeze-its to allow him in.  Oh well.  I've since instructed her to answer the door with the Glock from now on :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
kevin
: 64

« #24 : July 01, 2011, 11:15:36 PM »

So much for the friendly town of Fairfax.  Gimme a break - answering the door with a gun, circling around to someone's "flank" all because they have the nerve to knock on your door.  Tell them you're not interested in what they are selling and if you think something's questionable report the person to the police.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
-Winston Churchill
Mike Raburn

« #25 : July 02, 2011, 02:51:28 AM »

Kev,

Do not discount FAIRFAX, Vermont.

STUFF happens EVERYWHERE!

FAIRFAX is really mellow.

I don't know how long you have been there in Fairfax, but if I could find a job there in FAIRFAX that paid me what me and the Wife make here in Anchorage, Alaska. I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Pie socials seem so awesome! (Uncle Mike)

Me, Henry, Uncle Mike Cain, Chris Santee, Rev Elizabeth, T-MAN , and Josh enjoying a beverage ,of our choice, on that there front porch........ Nirvana.(Not the dude that blew his brains out)
You all have Josh, he is on the JOB!

It's fine, Kev.
You will be alright, don't listen or read too much into these guys that have PISTOLS in their hands when they answer the door, they are compensating for something!.........

I'm just saying that Fairfax "rocks"!

So much for the friendly town of Fairfax.  Gimme a break - answering the door with a gun, circling around to someone's "flank" all because they have the nerve to knock on your door.  Tell them you're not interested in what they are selling and if you think something's questionable report the person to the police.
« : July 02, 2011, 12:06:07 PM Mike Raburn »
Thor

« #26 : July 02, 2011, 08:53:56 AM »

Hey Kevin,

A robbery occurs when you are not home. These usually result in simple loss of property.

A home invasion is what occurs when you are at home and someone comes and is either let in due to a false story or forces their way in. These usually result in someone getting injured to some degree or worse.

We are still the friendly small town, only we are beginning to see bigger city problems. And this thread revolves around something that basically sounds a little suspicious.

With regards to your "Gimme me a break" quote about having a gun to answer the door. "Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it". None of us have recommended that everyone do this. Simply stating how we handle things.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #27 : July 02, 2011, 01:46:24 PM »

now you understand why I dont come around unless i`m invited
Mike Raburn

« #28 : July 02, 2011, 01:59:39 PM »

Ed,
I would greet you at the door with open arm. Yes arm.

My other arm, to where my other hand is attached, would be on my wallet.
You ARE a plumber after all.

I keed......keed...

now you understand why I dont come around unless i`m invited
LauriH
: 53

« #29 : July 02, 2011, 04:11:29 PM »

What the he** is wrong with you people!  You should absolutely be aware of who is around your house, but answering the door with a gun in your hands or sneaking up on them is way over the top!  These guys are vacuum salesmen.  Yes they are annoying, but I kind of feel sorry for them because that has got to be a crappy way of trying to make a living!  If you don't want what they are selling, simply say no thank you and send them on their way.
: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
: