Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 03:43:14 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  has anybody heard of such a thing?
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: has anybody heard of such a thing?  ( 26302 )
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #15 : March 22, 2011, 07:48:58 AM »

Every time I've received a ticket in the past, the officer has asked "Where are you going?"  I think this is pretty standard, and not a red flag at all.  I'm guessing every state has a regulation where you have to keep your plate visible, otherwise what's the point of having a license plate?

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
Trekr
: 140

« #16 : March 22, 2011, 07:13:11 PM »

Interesting situation here in Florida. If you choose a frame around your license plate that obscures any of the plate, you are subject to a ticket.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #17 : March 23, 2011, 11:51:59 AM »

General questions like "where are you going?" or "where you coming from?" are always asked.  It's really just chit chat but it helps a officer feel out the demeanor of the person he is speaking with.  You don't have to answer them you can by all means say "its none of your business" but it's a sure way to get a ticket.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #18 : March 23, 2011, 12:48:41 PM »

I heard that some states are beginning to eliminate certain plate designs like ones with extra pictures, symbols, silhouettes, etc, because its getting harder to indentify what state they are from at a glance, because there are so many variations.
« : March 23, 2011, 01:49:33 PM GamingWeasel »

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #19 : March 23, 2011, 01:15:50 PM »

a friend in law enforcement tells me that "Where are you going ?" is a great icebreaker question to begin evaluation of possible impairment.

especially if they're headed in the wrong direction.

"for everyone's safety"

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
ansbaker
: 36

« #20 : March 23, 2011, 06:54:28 PM »

23 V.S.A. Section 511:

A motor vehicle operated on any highway shall have displayed in a conspicuous place either one or two number plates as the commissioner of motor vehicles may require....The number plates shall be kept entirely unobscured, the numerals and the letters thereon shall be plainly legible at all times.

AND

23 V.S.A. Section 1125:

No person shall paste, stick, or paint advertising matter or other things on or over any transparent part of a motor vehicle windshield, vent windows, or side windows located immediately to the left and right of the operator, nor hang any object, other than a rear view mirror, in back of the windshield.

rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #21 : March 23, 2011, 07:16:27 PM »

well give me the ticket so i can go back to work or let me go cause im not answering any  questions
trussell
: 870

« #22 : March 23, 2011, 08:08:45 PM »

Rod, I wish I were still Constable.  I'd pull you over just for fun ;)

Josh- He drives a big white van.  Have fun with it.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #23 : March 23, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »

And in Great Big Letters it says ROUPE'S PLUMBING & HEATING

Henry Raymond
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #24 : March 24, 2011, 05:12:13 AM »

cant miss it
Stand Alone Defense

« #25 : March 24, 2011, 09:24:31 AM »

HAHAHAHA I'm coming for you Ed. J/K

I don't really pull anyone over unless they are just being plain stupid and unsafe I keep the selectboard happy that way.  Not that it matters, come 2012 the state takes away all powers of the Constable position away anyway.  So I see the position probably going to disappear soon in the state of VT anyway.

mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #26 : March 24, 2011, 11:33:09 AM »

OK, so what about the stickers Jiffy Lube or any other shop put up in top left corner of windshield to remind you of your next oil change?  Are they ok or is this another silly excuse to pull you over and ask me where have I been and where am I going and do I have a body in the back of the truck :-)

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Stand Alone Defense

« #27 : March 24, 2011, 11:42:57 AM »

There is actually a line on your windshield Mary Kay, about 4 to 5 inches from the top of it.  It's cool if it is above there that is how people get away with the stickers across the top of their windshield like "NO FEAR" or "FOX RACING" ar that strip of tint you sometimes see.

Scott
: 152

« #28 : March 24, 2011, 12:39:43 PM »

It's kinda funny since the officers have so many things that can obstruct their view....Spotlight, radar unit, video camera, laptop, shotgun...etc

:)
« : March 24, 2011, 12:50:47 PM Scott »

Regards,
Scott
trussell
: 870

« #29 : March 24, 2011, 01:08:37 PM »

Actually Scott, several motor vehicle laws don't apply to an on-duty officer (seatbelt, speeding), and that's probably one of them.

Your kid is starting a bit early isn't she? ;)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
: