Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:58:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Snow Came As Expected
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Snow Came As Expected  ( 2752 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 23, 2011, 06:50:21 AM »

Woke up around 2:30 a.m. and it had started to snow.  Looked out a few times after that and noticed that the snow plow had been by a couple of times.  Its around 33 degrees and from inside the house looks like we got about 3 to 4 inches.  The snow seems to have let up, so not sure what will happen the rest of the day.  At the present time cars are going by at a normal speed.  Not sure what the weather is in Southern Vermont and Hampton, New Hampshire where the kids are supposed to travel from today.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #1 : November 23, 2011, 07:47:00 AM »

Traffic is surprisingly slow on 104.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Kathleen
: 167

« #2 : November 23, 2011, 08:01:28 AM »

Just got into work in St. Albans from Milton at 7:30 (travelled Rte 7 whole way). Rte 7 in Milton is awful; did a perfect 180 in the stretch past the Dam Store and had to travel back to the Dam store to turn around (and yes, I do have snow tires on). Made me a little gun shy but as it turns out, everybody was travelling 30 to 35 mph all the way into St. Albans where they have done a good job on their roads.
Margie
: 156

« #3 : November 23, 2011, 08:54:41 AM »

104A was a wreck.  Lots of built up snow/ice that was like driving on broken up blacktop.  It didn't help that I was 8th in line behind someone doing about 25 mph.  When I got to interstate, it seemed like it wasn't too bad.  Lots of people still driving 65-70.  However, a couple of times I felt the road change under the car and sure enough, my "you're sliding!" light came on. 

BTW - I had to take my little dog, Jose, out at 12:45 this morning.  We already had about half an inch of snow then. 

But...50's by the weekend!!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: