Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:03:05 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  henry`s tree
« previous next »
: [1]
: henry`s tree  ( 3509 )
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« : September 11, 2014, 05:03:36 PM »

there is a man named henry who`s trees outside are friendly ,look at them once ,look at them twice ,and you wonder how he made them look so nice
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : September 11, 2014, 06:53:33 PM »

Well back when Dad gave me the lot, there was a line of Elm Trees between Linda Tracy & I and they succumbed to Dutch Elm Disease, so I bought 150 little blue spruce twigs and planted those on the knoll and 146 of them took.  I planted those about 3 feet apart.  (How dumb could I be)  I soon realized that I should have planted them 15 feet apart, so had Alan Boissoneault come in and he cut 90 of them down.  Meanwhile, I have two large maples in my front yard that my sister gave me and had planted.  The other 14 maples are twigs that I planted from the hill that was Ralph Tracy's land.  He told me to take all I wanted.  The one in back of my garage was planted in 1987 & has grown like crazy.  Those Maple Trees are beautiful, however, asked for a leaf sweeper last Christmas, so if you every want to come down and play in the leaves in late October, stop by Ed.  As soon as Bob & Kelly Sweet cut their corn, I will be spreading some leaves on his land.  They say they make good fertilizer and I am getting more & more every year.

I would be remiss if I didn't say that I planted four blue spruce in a cluster 7 feet apart, again way too close and they are dying out.  Had to have Vermont Electric come down and cut the top off one of the trees.  Each one of those (Planted in 1987) was planted for one of the kids.  We won't talk about the willow in the back yard.  That is there to drink water and scatter branches all over the lawn every time we have a slight breeze.

Sorry Ed, you just got me going on this.  It is too late in life for me to try and start over and not make the same mistakes.

Henry Raymond
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #2 : September 11, 2014, 07:52:31 PM »

the maples are perfect.there should be some kinda prize for the most perfect tree.your would win
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : September 11, 2014, 08:20:22 PM »

Thanks Ed.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: