Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:08:06 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Interesting When You Are Retired - Holidays Don't Seem To Exist
« previous next »
: [1]
: Interesting When You Are Retired - Holidays Don't Seem To Exist  ( 2539 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 18, 2010, 07:58:20 PM »

Well, I wondered why we didn't get any mail today, then Maryann said, Its Martin Luthor King Day.  I never gave it a thought.  I went out and got the paper around 5:45 and checked it again.  It was raining a fine mist up here on The Fletcher Road and the temperature is between 33 and 34 degrees.  Kind of iffy I guess about black ice if it gets a little cooler, so if you are out and about, drive carefully.

Thank God I have a calendar on my computer.  Chris Santee usually has the holiday up on his site if I think to look at it.  I try to make sure I don't miss Sundays to go to church.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : January 18, 2010, 10:17:47 PM »

I have often taken a walk up to the mini-mall to get the mail, only to forget that it is Columbus Day or Veterans Day or MLK Day, or something. And I'm not retired.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mummy
: 280

« #2 : January 18, 2010, 11:51:02 PM »

Yeah, today I had to stop for someone who just HAD to park on the road to check their mail!  It appeared to me that they were on their way home from work.  Can you believe PARKING on a ROAD - getting out of your car and walking around to check your mail?  Why wouldn't you just pull into your driveway?  Anyway - I got a laugh out of it:)
cedarman
: 370

« #3 : January 19, 2010, 07:41:20 AM »

I'm glad you had a laugh about it.  It really is the best approach - to laugh at the idiotic things some people do.   Myself, I might have pulled into his/her driveway and wait for them to pull out of the road, then explain to them how unsafe and foolish what he/she just did is.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: