Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:17:31 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Pictures of the Day and Blog- Odds and Ends
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures of the Day and Blog- Odds and Ends  ( 2515 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : May 18, 2009, 11:06:40 PM »

Picture of the Day

May 18, 2009 A very green Fairfax Village

May 19, 2009 A downy woodpecker bangs his head on Dad's metal weathervane

ODDS AND ENDS

Two pictures today. The village one was for Monday and the crazy woodpecker for Tuesday.

A downy woodpecker was rapping the metal weathervane all afternoon and evening. Marking it's territory, I guess.

For whatever reason, the crazy robin was attacking the upstairs window Monday evening. Not a clue.

Still cannot believe the dog does not REEK of skunk. Not that I am complaining, mind you. Just wish the porch, and areas outside would let up. Dumped and sprayed a bunch of different things to kill the odor. All in all, things could have been much worse.

Nest construction season continues. I had brushed Rex earlier Monday morning. Later, I took him back outside, and there was a small bird with some of Rex's hair in it's mouth. It definitely is shedding season for the dog.

The Fairfax Historical Society museum is open for the season. I am hosting two classes at the museum Wednesday morning, starting at 8:45am. Any member that would like to come, let me know. Even if you aren't a member and would like to come, let me know.

The picture of Fairfax Village was taken from near the top of Hunt Street. You cannot hardly see any buildings. I guess you can really notice that Steeple Market is gone.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: