Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:18:37 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Historical Society at the Ethan Allen Homestead
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Historical Society at the Ethan Allen Homestead  ( 1872 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : June 10, 2013, 12:14:17 PM »

The Ethan Allen Homestead celebrated local area town's 250th anniversary celebrations with a mini history expo Sunday. Many towns in Vermont were chartered by New Hampshire Governor Benning Wentworth in 1763. Fairfax is one of those and we will be celebrating on August 18th with a birthday party.
Many thanks to Barbara Murphy, who joined me at the Homestead to represent the Fairfax Historical Society.

Portrait of Ethan Allen

Benning Wentworth with a copy of the Fairfax Charter. Thanks to Town Clerk Deb Woodward making a copy of the charter for us.

Items on display

Our table. We had a copy of our charter, some photographs, posters for the upcoming Pie and Ice Cream Social, and our birthday party, and also has Bert Rich's wooden leg on display.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: