Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:09:37 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax In The News
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax In The News  ( 1942 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 07, 2007, 08:23:54 AM »

Hi All,

Friday's St. Albans Messenger had an article by Janet Bonneau on the Spinning & Weaving demonstration that I took some pictures of earlier in the week and today's Franklin County Edition of The Burlington Free Press has an article on BFA Security written by Lisa Boucher.  Nice photo of Sally Billado on the inside portion of the article.  The Free Press puts up some of the Franklin County Edition issues on their web site, but so far they have missed most of the stories done on Fairfax.

I have been asked by Father Feltz if I would create a web page dealing with the New Church at St. Luke.  Now, I have absolutely no talent when it comes to creating a web page that is tastefully designed and appealing.  If you have seen any of the web sites I have that don't say "Designed By Maryann," you will note that there is no design except for a marbelized background with information printed on it.  That is about the extent of my web design.

If there is anyone out there that would like to design a web site for St. Luke's New Church, please let me know.  I will maintain it and you can place your logo/identification/credit on the bottom.  Haven't spoken with Father Feltz yet, so not exactly sure what is needed.

Hope to take some pictures today of one of our parishioners who will be honored at St. Augustine's in Montpelier at 3 p.m. on October 21st at the Annual Diocesan Recognition Of Women In Ministry.  Fairfax will then be mentioned in The Vermont Catholic Tribune.  Jean Groseclose and Bridget Morgan from St. Luke's have received this award in recent years, so Fairfax certainly is well represented by our Parish in Women In Ministry for The Diocese Of Burlington with some very active and dedicated women.

I have put a brief note up on the upcoming Annual Turkey Dinner.  Spoke with Van Lantagne and asked her if they would be making those delicious homemade rolls this year that were missed last year.  She told me they were planning on it.  Even though it is a Turkey Dinner, I remember an occasion when the rolls weren't quite ready and no way were they able to start the Turkey Dinner without them.  Meanwhile, put a note down for November 4, 2007 as the date for our Turkey Dinner.  You pretty much have to have reservations to get in, however, there are always take outs available.

Now speaking of News, Chris Santee certainly has done a great job with the Monthly Fairfax News.  Rick Burnham has started the Fairfax Breeze which is a weekly newspaper, however, to provide it free to the people of Fairfax, it does take a lot of advertisers.  Rick has taken a week off to see what he can do to attract advertisers.  Chris does his paper monthly and provides it free to everyone and can attest I am sure that it is a lot of work to do a Monthly Paper.  Rick has been heard to say that the Weekly Fairfax Breeze is like a full time job.  He did ask me if I thought people would pay 50 cents for it.  Perhaps the best thing to do is to send your thoughts to Rick at:  news@fairfaxbreeze.com as I really don't know except for a couple of comments on my forum, just what most people would do.

We have three web sites that provide news to the general public - Chris Santee, Mike Cain and I, generally as soon as we are aware, however, a very large percentage of the population of Fairfax does not actually read the news there, thus there definitely is a need for the written word.  Two other possibilities of course are the Weekly Messenger Page which has a few articles & photos and the Weekly Burlington Free Press County Edition  - Cost of course if you don't subscribe would be more than the 50 cents.

I noticed they have uploaded September 30, 2007 Franklin County Edition of The Burlington Free Press at:

Well, enough of my ramblings and thoughts - I do my web site for enjoyment, however, am not getting any younger and do appreciate the participation of the growing number of legitimate members.[/b]
« : October 07, 2007, 08:52:57 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: