Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:25:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Dr. Stimetz One Of The Last Old Time Doctors Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dr. Stimetz One Of The Last Old Time Doctors Passes Away  ( 2091 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 22, 2008, 09:00:45 AM »

Dr. Stimetz, whose last practice was in Swanton and who practiced a couple of years over in Milton was one of the last of the old time Doctors who practiced locally.  I remembered going to see him when he was over in Milton and a couple of times when he was up in Swanton.  Not sure that he made house calls, but if I remember right, you could call him anytime or go to his office during office hours and it was first come, first served.  Other local doctors that I can think of off the top of my head were Dr. Covey and Dr. Villemaire in Milton, Dr. Rosemary Brewster who had her office in the Brick House as you enter Westford across from the park, Dr. Mann over in Jeffersonville and of course, the long time Dr. Abernathy who brought me into this world from Bakersfield.

The Doctors in St. Albans who had more formal office hours were Dr. Swizzler (he was hard of hearing), Dr. Sample (he was a surgeon) and Dr. Catlin.

Our oldest daughter Lynn's first doctor started off to be Dr. Covey in Milton, however, we switched her over to Dr. Gentry and Narcowitz in Burlington.  Not sure how he did it, but Dr. Narcowitz certainly took care of an awful lot of babies in the area during his career.

For those of you that might want to read Dr. Stimetz's obituary, who by the way was born in Highgate, you may do so by going to the Kidder Memorial Home web site at:

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : March 22, 2008, 12:58:07 PM »

He had been our family doctor for a long time before he retired. A lot of trips to Swanton. Usually a Monday or Wednesday night.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: