Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:52:36 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Dale Duffy's Mother Shirley Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dale Duffy's Mother Shirley Passes Away  ( 2374 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 22, 2008, 08:25:13 AM »

SHIRLEY H. DUFFY
MILTON — Shirley H. Duffy, 75, my wife, our mother, died peacefully early Friday morning, March 21, 2008, at her home, surrounded by her loving family. Shirley was born in Burlington on Jan. 30, 1933, the daughter of Walton and Iva (Plante) Hazen. She married Robert Duffy on Oct. 1, 1950. They settled on Duffy Road and began their family. She worked for a short time as a nurse's aide at the Mary Fletcher Hospital in Burlington, but preferred to be a homemaker. Shirley was very family-oriented. Shirley enriched our lives in so many capacities. She was my wife, our Mother, friend, guiding light and the voice of reason in our hours of need. Her family was always her deepest love. We were not just her sons and daughters and family members, we were her treasures. She guarded her treasures with all her heart, treasures that she was intensely proud of. She gave us love without conditions or judgment. It is now time for us to give peace and rest to our greatest treasure, my wife and our mother. In addition to her husband, Bob, to whom she was married for over 57 years, she is survived by her children, son Gary Duffy and wife Marcia of Milton; son Steven Duffy and fiancee Christina, of Richmond; her daughter-in-law Pam Duffy of New Haven; daughter Allyson Miller and husband Jeff of Tucson, Ariz.; son Dale Duffy and wife Tammy of Fairfax; daughter Nancy Reynolds and husband Steve of Milton; son Billy Duffy of Georgia; and son Doug Duffy and wife Missy of Milton; her grandchildren Matt, Kevin, Jason, Angie, Amy, Erin and Tyler Duffy, Darren Adams, Missy, Jessica, and Scott Reynolds, Doug and Dylan Duffy; her great-grandchildren Alex, Reese, West, Megan, Lauren and Dustin; her brothers Richard Hazen and wife Janet of South Hero, Robert Hazen of Burlington, Gordon Hazen of Connecticut, and Elliot Hazen and his wife Nancy of South Carolina, her brother-in-law Wayne Duffy and wife Jaye of Atlanta, Ga.; sister-in-law Norma King and husband Doug of East Berkshire; several nieces and nephews ; and her special cat Binny. Shirley is now home with her son, David “Cliff“ Duffy, who predeceased her on Aug. 17, 2007. She was also predeceased by her sister-in-law Barb Ryan and Janice Hazen, and brother-in- law Jim Duffy. Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, March 25, at 10 a.m. in the United Church of Milton. Burial will be in the Milton Village Cemetery this spring. Memorials may be made to the VNA, Hospice of the Champlain Valley, 1110 Prim Road, Colchester, Vt.. 05446 or to the American Cancer Society, P.O. Box 1460, Williston, VT. 05495 Visiting hours will be held on Monday, March 24 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. in the Minor Funeral Home in Milton

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: