Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:24:34 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax's Oldest Resident Dies At Age 105 - Tribute By St. Albans Messenger
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax's Oldest Resident Dies At Age 105 - Tribute By St. Albans Messenger  ( 4594 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 30, 2015, 07:21:04 PM »

Imogene Collins passed away peacefully last evening around 8:30 p.m., according to her daughter-in-law Alice Collins.  She was a wonderful little Irish lady who had some great memories.  The St. Albans Messenger has done several stories on Imogene and the Messenger Staff got together today and did a very nice article that appears in the Weekend Edition of The St. Albans Messenger.  For the first 20 years of my life I was brought up & lived in Fairfield and most of our evenings were spent visiting and reminiscing about the then old days.  It seemed like any name I would bring up, Imogene knew them and where they lived, using the names I was familiar with.  Imogene was truly a treasure to this community and certainly will not be forgotten by all those that knew her.  There are no funeral arrangements available yet, but as soon as I am made aware of them, I will put them up.  Imogene, may you rest in peace.
« : January 30, 2015, 07:31:12 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : January 31, 2015, 08:55:11 AM »

Yes, the Messenger article is delightful and thoughtfully and lovingly done.  It captures her feisty and vibrant personality.  What a gift she was to all who knew her.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : February 01, 2015, 02:02:15 PM »

She was so sweet!  I was always overwhelmed with the energy she had in her 90's! Seeing her at church Sundays up until she was 103.  I told Imogene, when I woke up on Sunday and was feeling lazy I would think of her and how she would be there and got myself ready for church. She would laugh and said she had been told that before.

Love and prayers to the Collins family.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: