Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:34:13 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Being Thankful for Henry
« previous next »
: [1]
: Being Thankful for Henry  ( 8223 )
slpott
: 457

« : November 13, 2008, 07:02:26 AM »

Henry:
It is the time of year when people reflect on their thanks and you were and always are on my list. Fairfax is a wonderful place to live and you make it even better by having this web-site. I have never heard of such a thing but I think every town should have one. The only problem with that would be finding someone to walk in your shoes and that would be extremely difficult. It certainly connects you to what is going on in our town and surrounding area. I just thought I would take this moment to say THANK YOU and let you know how much I appreciate all your time and effort. It is also a good way to hear other opinions on things. I found it very interesting that the topics of politics and religion can be discussed and all still loves thy neighbor. It is a wonderful thing. Thanks again, Shelly
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : November 13, 2008, 08:48:38 AM »

Fairfax is a very visable place on the world wide web, much in thanks to Henry. The constant goings on in town are covered by him, be it big events, or fires, or everyday things. Plus you have others who contribute pictures and such.
Not sure if other towns have the coverage that Fairfax does.
Thank you, Henry, for everything you do.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« #2 : November 13, 2008, 10:08:46 AM »

Other state legislators envy the communication tool this forum provides for the folks in Fairfax. I don't know of any other community that has such a well developed system. It certainly helps to secure that hometown feeling so obvious in all Fairfax does. Communication is important. Thanks, Henry!

Rep. Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia
Vermont House of Representatives

Carolyn Branagan
fletchtb
: 310

« #3 : November 13, 2008, 10:48:32 AM »

Henry,

I know I can't thank you enough for this web site. It is my favorite place to visit on the web and when given the opportunity I tell every local person I can about your site in hopes that they too will join this online community.

I know in Fletcher, we have tried to get a Google Group going for the town, but so far it hasn't caught on, so I agree with the other posters that your site is somewhat unique in our state and we are lucky to have it.

Thanks again!

Todd
CLach
: 98

« #4 : November 13, 2008, 02:11:11 PM »

I am "somewhat" new to the area, been here only a yr now, and coming from such a populated place as Boston moving to Fairfax was an eye opener for me.  I have posted a couple times asking for information regarding the area and to my amazement, Henry was right there waiting to supply me with answers.  Thank you Henry. This site has helped me and my family out tremendously.  As others have said, it is unique in the fact that you can receive opinions or answers to important questions in a matter of days if not hours.  Thank you once again Henry and thank you everyone else for making my family's move a lot easier and friendlier.  Best wishes to all
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #5 : November 14, 2008, 10:11:57 AM »

A very special thanks for all the kind words.  The forum will celebrate its 5th Anniversary this coming January.  It was a little slow at starting as far as participation, but as of late, I have been elated at the number of people that have registered and also post.  I have had an opportunity to read other people's opinions besides my own.  Some people still send me notes and ask me to post things for them as like the recent anonymous letter.  I usually read them over carefully and try to determine if they will have some value if I do post them as well as try to make sure they are not derogatory to other members of the community.

There were some comments about the anonymous letter I put up, but in the end, I think it did bring to light a lot of important issues.  Normally, special meetings are not that well attended, however the number of opinions were viewed many times here on the forum. Although people shared different opinons, they also respected those with different ponts of view.

I try to watch what is posted and have to say we truly have a great group here.  Also, please feel free to send me a private e-mail as many of you do with your concerns.  I can assure you that if you ask me to keep it confidential, I will and will try to post things in such a way that the contributor will not be identified, should I decide to post the item.

Once again many thanks for the nice words from all of you.  I truly do get a lot of credit for a lot of things that just happen.

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #6 : November 15, 2008, 06:41:40 PM »

Amen to all the posts!  Henry, you are a treasure and all of us appreciate this forum and your work. It helps strengthen us as a community/
Rev. Elizabeth
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #7 : November 25, 2008, 11:08:10 PM »

Henry, I would also like to send out a "THANK YOU" for all that you do on your website.  Only a little over a year ago I was in the military being moved all over from Iraq to Africa, Japan ect.  I have to say that in those 6 years I had some really tough days, Days that made me miss my little hometown of Fairfax Vermont.  I always had your website to keep in touch with things back home,  The pictures were a really big help.  So Thanks again for everything that you do.
« : November 25, 2008, 11:09:58 PM FXDHS »

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Razzle Dazzle

« #8 : December 27, 2008, 02:36:08 PM »

I found this site today and have read many, many pages of it.  Thank you Henry.
I'll be visiting here often.
7F5
: 44

« #9 : December 27, 2008, 06:28:08 PM »

Henry, you are a true blessing to our community. Thanks so much.

Best Regards,
Steve
al brodeur
: 216

« #10 : January 07, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »

Henry
a thank you for the time and effort that you spend to keep the website updated hardly expresses the gratitude that many have for you,long live Henry
: [1]  
« previous next »
: