Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 07:45:24 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  We May Never Know The Newest Lottery Winner's Name
« previous next »
: [1]
: We May Never Know The Newest Lottery Winner's Name  ( 3817 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 09, 2009, 06:32:11 AM »

The winning ticket, worth more than $4.8 million, was purchased at the Beverage Baron in Barre.

"I hear that it's someone local, that's what the rumor's been, that it's someone local. So, that's really nice," said Tina Little, the store's manager.

The winner's name is not being disclosed. Instead, the winner claimed the prize in the name of a trust, East Pick Trust of Barre. People can buy a ticket under a trust if they want a formal way to split a ticket, or if they want to remain anonymous.

Little said people are very curious to know who won, and the frenzy is good for business.

For more information, click on the following link:

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #1 : August 09, 2009, 06:54:36 AM »

Glad for the winner and can't say as I blame them for remaining anonymous.  Can you image the calls they would get, everyone from charities to car dealers to realtors wanting to sell them something.
If I would win that is defiantly the way I would go.......ahhh now to pick a wining number:)
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : August 09, 2009, 07:05:19 AM »

We had a lottery winner here in town a while back and I had heard his name on Fox 44, so put it up on my forum here.  I notified Gary Rutkowski of The St. Albans Messenger, in case he wanted to do a story on him and Gary wrote back and told me that the guy wished to remain anonymous.  The name was never mentioned again anywhere and out of respect for the individual's wishes, even though I was not contacted by him, I removed it from my forum.

I do expect it could be quite a hassle, however, with my luck, guess I don't need to worry about that.

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : August 11, 2009, 04:09:43 PM »

I will gladly deal with the phone calls to win the lottery!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: