Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:56:17 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier Week 7
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier Week 7  ( 1978 )
Barbara
: 270

« : February 19, 2016, 02:36:35 PM »

The Transportation committee continues to hear testimony on language that will be part of the transportation capital bill. It has become a common thread in many presentations that “should there be savings in the asphalt and sand line items…..” and lots of ideas volunteered on how to spend any such money. The Agency has made great progress in addressing the State’s inventory of poor roads and bridges but there are still areas of need where resources would be valued.
The Transportation and Judiciary committee continue to work on the language for H560, an act relating to traffic safety. Stormwater is also a continuing topic of conversation for the Transportation committee. Testimony has been given by individuals from the Department of Environmental Conservation , the Agency of Transportation, legislative council and representatives of municipalities who are designated to be Separate Storm Sewer System managers(MS4).  The Agency of Transportation is also designated as an entity required to manage a separate storm sewer system. It will be responsible for impervious surfaces throughout the state including roads and park and rides inside some of these municipalities.
Several bills passed on the floor this week. H622 and H249 were both postponed from earlier notice to allow the committee of jurisdiction to answer and address concerns presented when read for the second time. H297, an act relating to the sale of ivory or rhinoceros horn passed with an amendment that made the disposition of funds collected as fines to be sent to support poaching prevention agencies in Africa. H187, an act relating to absence from work for health care and safety passed as amended by the Senate. The full text of any of these bills as well as others can be found through the search feature of the legislature.vermont.gov website.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: