Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:33:43 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The New Computerized Medical System - Very Impressive
« previous next »
: [1]
: The New Computerized Medical System - Very Impressive  ( 2355 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 13, 2010, 10:59:19 AM »

Maryann and I went to our Primary Care Physician yesterday down at Colchester Family Practice - They are now participating in the computerized medical system.  The first time through it, they checked to make sure that the medications we were both taking were correct.  Mine were, but there was a glitch in Maryann's that indicated she was taking one of her medications by intravenous.  That was corrected.  They also ask you the name of your pharmacy.

When we left we were each given a printout that had our name with the date of the visit.  It had our blood pressure, pulse and unfortunately our weight on the printout.  It also had when our next appointment is, including even the appointments scheduled with our cardiologists.  It also tells you the reason for your visit.

I had been getting a new blood pressure medication from Rick, but since my benefits require me to get my long term medications from Merk Medco with 90 day prescriptions, I asked Ramsay to give me a new prescription.  When I left, I noticed that I did not have my prescription with me to mail in to Merk Medco, so went back in.  I was informed by the receptionist that the prescription had already been sent and I didn't need the little handwritten prescription to mail in.  I am truly quite impressed.

We have our Life File on the refrigerator as you come in the door for Fairfax Rescue and in the past have had to type up our medical history so it would be available for them if they are ever called to the house.  This printout from the Medical System has all the information right there, so we are putting each of our printouts in the little tray on the refrigerator which will save a lot of time for rescue and most likely be more accurate.

Thats my take on the new system - Like anything else it is subject to error, but you have it there to look at and if you see an error, can certainly get it corrected very easily by calling your physician.

Henry Raymond
Kathleen
: 167

« #1 : March 15, 2010, 07:13:41 AM »

My doctor has been using the electronic system for more than a year now and went through the process of checking the medications entered with me as well.  Instead of files with lots of papers, my doctor now walks in with a light weight electronic notebook computer.  My doctor, however, did not offer me a print-out of my office visit, and I didn't know I could get one.  Next time I go in, I'm going to ask her for one. 
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : March 15, 2010, 07:29:31 AM »

While working with electronic medical records, one of the features we designed was a patient access,
where a user name and password are used much like your electronic banking.

Once a patient is in, he or she could review prior visits, but not alter information.

I'm not sure of the status on this now as I'm not currently in the field.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: