Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:41:20 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  CFC February Meeting Notes
« previous next »
: [1]
: CFC February Meeting Notes  ( 1872 )
ASDuling
: 75

« : March 06, 2012, 08:13:26 AM »

Citizens for Fairfax Community, Inc.
Meeting Notes from February 28, 2012

Discussed events for 2012:

Spaghetti Dinner: The dinner will be cosponsored by CFC and the Recreation Department the night before the Egg Run. Dinner would take place on August 3 from 5-7 pm to coordinate with registration. The dinner will be spaghetti, meatballs, bread, salad and dessert. We will do our best to get food donated. Location details to be discussed.

Community Day Event: CFC will have a fundraiser at Community Day on the 4th of July at the Rec Park. We agreed that an ice cream stand would most likely be successful for fund raising and improving our visibility.

Haunted House: Katrina will take the lead and Mary and Elizabeth will assist.

Christmas Tree Lighting: The Rec Dept has been considering how to grow this event on December 8th. One suggestion was cookie and/or ornament decorating before the lighting. Barbara and Mary agreed to bake cookies if we decided to do this.

Mark mentioned other possible events that had been discussed but there was consensus that three events this year was as much as we could take on. Mark asked that each committee have a more detailed plan for the event to share at the next meeting.

Other Topics:

Community Outreach: There was a discussion of how to welcome new residents. The Selectboard’s new resident orientation no longer happens and there is no Welcome Wagon kind of service. Katrina is Welcome Infant Coordinator for Success By Six, bringing baby bags to new mothers. The group did not know whether (or how) it was possible to learn who the new residents are, but we will have further discussion about this topic.

Standing Committees: Mark feels that we should have committees working on estimates for renovating the Baptist Building, a business plan and a capitol campaign plan. He also would like us to have a grant-watcher and a public relations committee. Shirley and Amanda agreed to work on public relations. The topic of the other committees was tabled until the next meeting.

Grant: Katrina has identified a grant from the VT League of Cities and Towns, which has the potential to help us with planning. It involves collaboration between municipal and nonprofit entities in support of the arts.

Next meeting- Tuesday, April 10th 7PM at Mark Hunziker’s House

Questions? Contact Amanda at asduling@gmail.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: