Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:26:06 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  New Technology Is Amazing
« previous next »
: [1]
: New Technology Is Amazing  ( 2573 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 05, 2013, 06:14:01 AM »

Going on my second week with my new hearing aids.  Mine have blue tooth capability and Mary Kay pared them up with my cell phone.  If somebody calls me on me cell phone, it automatically answers through my hearing aids and I just have to say hello and carry on my conversation.  The voice comes into both ears and I can understand perfectly.  When the caller hangs up, the cell phone hangs uo.  I can also call out.  I just dial whoever I want to call on my cell phone or use the speed dial, hit send and the hearing aids do the rest.  I have always had a hard time on the telephone.  I plan to set up my phone in the house the same way as well as my TV.  I am told they all work equally as well.  Unbelievable all the things I have not heard or understood.  The price is not cheap ($4000) and they are not covered by health insurance.  I have given this a lot of thought, but my family has told me I should go ahead and get them.  It is kind of nice to go to church and know what is being said as well as any public meetings I might attend.  I got a lot of advice from friends before I selected these.  I went to E.M. Luce at UVM.  I have until Sept. 5th to decide whether I want to keep them or not.

Henry Raymond
lena6
: 357

« #1 : August 05, 2013, 06:17:10 AM »

It sounds like you want to keep them.  Good for you.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : August 05, 2013, 08:24:02 AM »

They are two pieces of Heaven in my book!  It is so nice to see him enjoy conversations again and be able to talk on the phone without struggling with my sisters.

Mom would have been so excited for him as he has struggled for a long time before he got them.  My advice is do it sooner than later, don't miss out!

Love,

"The Daughter who can no longer sneak up on him" :-)

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: