Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:57:21 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Win Heald Dies At The Age Of 72
« previous next »
: [1]
: Win Heald Dies At The Age Of 72  ( 2377 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 04, 2011, 11:16:42 AM »

St. Albans - Win passed away Sunday, September 4, 2011 at his home surrounded by his family.

Funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time and will be published late Monday afternoon.

Win was associated with The Heald Funeral Home in St. Albans

http://www.healdfuneralhome.com/fh/home/home.cfm?fh_id=10895

« : September 05, 2011, 03:16:16 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : September 04, 2011, 12:26:34 PM »

Henry     Thanks for the posting .  Win was one of the good guys that one meets in life .  He & Fred were of great assistance to me when Nancy passed in Florida making arrangements w/o complications so that we could hold a memorial service in St. Albans . If one was to put a photo beside the phrase describing one as Humble , Compassionate , and Caring , you'd use his picture .   
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : September 04, 2011, 12:45:39 PM »

I was in shock when I got the note from Rett - Had not realized he had been sick - I believe he had cancer of the brain - He was a truly nice guy

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : September 05, 2011, 03:11:33 PM »

Winslow R. “Win” Heald

It is with deep sadness that we share with you the loss of our husband, father and friend.

St. Albans - Winslow R. Heald, 72, a lifelong resident of St. Albans passed away peacefully on September 4, 2011,  at his home with his devoted wife and loving daughters by his side.

Win was diagnosed with an aggressive form of brain cancer in April and faced that challenge bravely and completely to the end.

He was born in St. Albans, the son of Raymond W. and Barbara (McCarron) Heald on February 26, 1939.  On October 10, 1981, he married Sheila Connor of Fairfield.

Win was co-owner of the Heald Funeral Home, which was established by his grandfather and namesake, Winslow D. Heald in 1918.

He was employed by Mississquoi Corporation in Sheldon as a laboratory technician until 1967 when he joined the family business.  Win then attended mortuary school at the New England Institute in Boston where he graduated with highest honors and was the recipient of the Founder’s Award.  He was also elected to Mu Sigma Alpha National Honor Society.

Upon his return to St. Albans he and his brother Bud purchased the funeral business and were partners until Bud’s death in 2006.

Win was a member of the Vermont Funeral Directors Association and National Funeral Directors Association.   He was also a member of St. Albans Lodge#1566, BPOE, past master of Franklin Lodge #4 F& A M, Champlain Country Club and Stonegate Golf Club in Florida.

Though Win will be buried in his family’s lot in St. Albans Bay Cemetery, he volunteered for 40 years overseeing Greenwood Cemetery on So. Main St. He held various positions on the board of directors and he took great pride in the results of his efforts.

Win had many skills and talents which he shared with those he loved   He especially enjoyed woodworking, cooking, golf, fishing and playing pool.

Win was a man of honesty, integrity, and compassion. His advice was often sought by those who knew and respected him.  His sense of humor was a gift that will always be remembered. Win’s positive energy and zest for life were an inspiration to us all.

In addition to his wife, Sheila, he is survived by a daughter, Maureen Heald of Milton and a daughter & son-in-law, Susan and Dr. Marc Golden of Sidney, Maine. He also leaves three grandchildren, Caitlin and her husband, Josh Leggett of Bristol, VT and their sons, Sawyer and Shamus. A grandson, Ryan Gadhue of Burlington, VT and a grandson, Keenan Golden of Sidney, Maine.  He leaves a sister and her husband, Sandra and Robert Pratt of Westfield, MA, two sister-in-laws, Margaret “Peg” Heald of St. Albans and Patricia Heald of Shrewsbury, MA.  Win is also survived by many nieces, nephews, and cousins.

In addition to his parents, Win was predeceased by his brother, Howard “Bud” in 2006 and his brother, Stephen in 2009.

A funeral service will be held on Sunday, September 11, 2011 at 2:00 pm at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church. The Reverend Dr. Marguerite Gage will officiate.

Visiting hours will be held on Saturday, September 10, 2011 from 3-8 pm at the Heald Funeral Home, 87 South Main St. in St. Albans. Private interment will follow in the St. Albans Bay Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, for those who wish memorial contributions may be made to Franklin County Home Health Hospice Program, 3 Home Health Circle, St. Albans, VT  05478.  Private messages of condolence are welcome at www.healdfuneralhome.com.

« : September 05, 2011, 03:15:25 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: