Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:58:58 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  DID you see the latest scam??
« previous next »
: [1]
: DID you see the latest scam??  ( 3343 )
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« : January 07, 2012, 03:04:03 PM »

from the government .rebate for rollbars .now if this isnt pork spending  then nothing is
mirjo
: 785

« #1 : January 13, 2012, 01:06:57 PM »

It's not a government program Ed.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : January 13, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »

a quick backtrack of the funding lead to:
http://www.cdc.gov/NIOSH/

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mirjo
: 785

« #3 : January 13, 2012, 01:56:13 PM »

Yes, technically it's a government program because of NIOSH and I misspoke--forgetting their involvement, but it's not the only funding. In Vt there are insurance agencies etc., which back up the program and the UVM extension office started it here in conjunction with what was going on in NYS. How much money goes to the program, I don't know. I'm not aware of what, if any coming to the Vt branch.

"...On September 28, 2010 UVM Extension launched the Vermont Rebates for Roll Bars program. The goal of this program is to
prevent farm-related deaths by providing rebates and information to help farmers retrofit their older tractors with ROPS...We have raised over $60,000 in private funding this year from our lead sponsor, Cooperative Insurance Companies, banks, dairy
associations, several county farm bureaus and others, yet we will need at least this amount in additional funds this year to cover
a rebate for every farmer currently registered..." (Vermont Rebates for Rollsbars Program, June 2011 Statement of Need, UVM Extension Office)

Arguments can be made on both sides of this--a few hundred up front to retrofit an old tractor or millions on the back end after someone is severely injured for life?

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: