Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:37:39 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The Hummingbirds Have Arrived
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Hummingbirds Have Arrived  ( 4182 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 18, 2013, 06:32:13 AM »

Got a note from Steve Ratte who tells me the Hummingbirds have arrived.  I don't have my feeder up, but they usually visit everyone about the same day.  Have they visited anyone else yet??

Henry Raymond
Judi
: 508

« #1 : May 18, 2013, 07:24:42 AM »

Mark saw one in our apple tree this morning.
ohhman
: 469

« #2 : May 23, 2013, 08:06:46 AM »

One came to my window today thinking my stained glass cardinals in the window were food.  I usually don't feed them as I dislike all the bees that frequent the feeder, especially with kids around, but maybe I will this year. The kids were excited to see it!
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : May 29, 2013, 11:58:34 AM »

I miss the hummingbirds.  When Mom and Dad had the feeder up, they would come over to my house to visit.  They are by far my favorite little bird!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
tfence
: 257

« #4 : May 29, 2013, 07:00:08 PM »

I saw one in the Post Office today. It went into the air conditioner ducts. I think they got it out.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #5 : May 30, 2013, 01:35:11 PM »

For bird lovers out there, you might want to google the Bobolink Project.  It operates out of UConn and its goal is to work with farmers to delay haying so that the bobolinks can finish their nesting/birthing/ fledging season without loss.  Most interesting, and this year, quite successful.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: