Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:06:36 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Direct TV & Dish Network
« previous next »
: [1]
: Direct TV & Dish Network  ( 4072 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 09, 2012, 11:37:59 AM »

Got the following question from a local individual - Anybody have any input??

Hi Henry . . .

Just wondered if you know how Direct TV is around this area.   Am thinking about changing from Dish to Direct TV - with their $30.00/ mo. promotion for a year.  Will be checking on how high it goes to in the 2nd year of the 2-yr. contract.

Please let me know if you have heard any complaints about Direct TV in our area.   Thanks a lot.

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : July 09, 2012, 01:50:48 PM »

Our complaint with Directv is that periodically, for reasons that are not divulged, the price  of the basic package goes up, and either change, or deal with it.  The basic package is pretty good, but the periodic increases aren't justified by any sort of improvement in service.
trussell
: 870

« #2 : July 09, 2012, 02:23:32 PM »

I had just that happen too, the price went up just one month after I signed up... and was told that it was just their periodic increase. I eventually dropped them and have been happy with just over-the-air channels :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : July 09, 2012, 03:45:23 PM »

I really enjoy Dish Network.  I haven't had any crazy increases and if you like the CW station, Direct TV does not carry that channel.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
gumby542
: 22

« #4 : July 09, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »

If you are an existing Dish customer, and you call and say you are thinking of switching, they normally lower their price and throw in free movie channels or a better package. I've never switched to Direct TV because of this
: [1]  
« previous next »
: