Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 11:21:52 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Summer Concert Series 2013
« previous next »
: [1]
: Summer Concert Series 2013  ( 2140 )
LibraryPrograms
: 363

« : June 15, 2013, 09:05:11 AM »

Summer Concert Series for 2013!
Tuesdays from 6:30-8 pm

Our summer concert series is back in 2013. We are really excited to host five concerts this summer here at the library. Many thanks to the Fairfax Parks and Recreation for funding assistance to make this summer's concerts possible.

Each concert will take place on the lawn outside the Middle School Gym. If it is rainy, we will move inside to the gym.
Bring a picnic basket, lawn chairs, a blanket, and enjoy the music!
Dates and Performers:

July 9: Starline Rhythm Boys

Hailing from Vermont, the Starline Rhythm Boys, evoke the spirited country and juke joint sounds that echoed out of the Tennessee Hills and Texas Honkytonks of the 1940s and 50s.

July 16: Youth Musician Showcase and Open Mic

This is a special program showcasing local youth talent. *We are still looking for more youth performers. Kids of all ages with a variety of musical interests are encouraged to participate. Please contact Karyn at knorwood@fwsu.org or 849-2420 for more information.*

July 23: Carol Ann Jones

We are excited to welcome back Carol Ann Jones, a singer, songwriter and recording artist from Georgia, Vermont. Carol write songs about her life's experiences. There is something here for everyone!  Carol performs rock, country, pop, jazz and blues.

July 30: Yankee Chank

Yankee Chank is a group of musicians from throughout Vermont who perform traditional dance music from Southwest Louisiana. Members include Fairfaxian Mark Sustic (bass and percussion), Bob Naess (fiddle and vocals), Cannon Labrie (accordion and vocals), Jim Burns (guitar).
August 6: Fairfax Fletcher Westford Band

The Fairfax, Fletcher, Westford Band aims to provide musical entertainment for the surrounding communities, as well as providing community members with a place to play their instruments in a fun, low-pressure environment.

--
Nicole Vance - Program Planner
Fairfax Community Library
75 Hunt St.
Fairfax, VT 05454
(802) 849-2420
libraryprograms@fwsu.org
Find us on Facebook!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: