Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:46:30 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Gary Gilbert Is Out Political Sign Hunting
« previous next »
: [1]
: Gary Gilbert Is Out Political Sign Hunting  ( 3296 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 11, 2010, 07:41:13 AM »

Gary called me this morning and asked me where I had seen political signs.  I told him where I had seen them last Tuesday.  He was under the impression they were all picked up, so if you see any, you can let him know, or post or let me know.

I mentioned that I had thought of posting to throw them in the trash on Wednesday or Thursday, but he told me that recycle won't take them unless you just put the metal in the recycle.

Apparently it is illegal for me to go on somebody's lawn and remove them, but sounded like Gary was going out Political Sign Hunting today, so you shouldn't see any signs out tomorrow.

Henry Raymond
Margie
: 156

« #1 : November 11, 2010, 10:33:50 AM »

The only signs of Gary's that I've seen since the election were ones on someone's front lawn.  It didn't seem to me to be Gary's responsibility to remove them from private property as those were given to the homeowners to display.

I still see some Gibbs and Shumlin signs around in a couple of spots.  Oh, and that thing over in Essex with the multiple signs for Britton.  You would think people would WANT to remove the signs from their lawns!
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : November 11, 2010, 11:13:42 AM »

I propose a "Sign Hunters Breakfast" to be held on the Wednesday morning following the next election.
We could gather as a community, celebrate our victories and lick our wounds on our defeats.
Afterall, wouldn't licking your wounds be much easier with some Pure Vermont Maple Syrup on a stack of pancakes ?

After coffee, we would head out to hunt down the signs and deliver them to the front lawns of our candidates.
Somebody else can figure out what to do with the money we raise.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : November 11, 2010, 11:19:56 AM »

Gary has a sign at the beginning of Fletcher Road and Shumlin signs on top of Mill Hill at the beginning as well.  I agree the homeowner should take care of it, but unfortunately that has not happened.

Great idea about the breakfast Chris!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
sue
: 124

« #4 : November 11, 2010, 03:23:02 PM »

Several on Goose Pond Road
: [1]  
« previous next »
: