Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:18:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Recourse for Unwanted Political Signs
« previous next »
: [1]
: Recourse for Unwanted Political Signs  ( 4030 )
cedarman
: 370

« : October 27, 2010, 10:16:44 AM »

With recent meida hype over people damaging or taking political signs, I'm wondering what legal rights people have with respect to unwanted political signs on their property.

I found a political sign along the edge of the road, placed directly in line with the property marker pin.  This marker is at least 100 ft from any maintained yard space (ours or our neighbor's).  Assuming our neighbors have not given consent to anyone to place this sign on their property, what rights do I have with respect to removal of the sign?  Can I remove it and send an email to the politician to pick it up?  I don't want to pull it up and leave it in the ditch since I might stay there until the next time the ditches get mucked out.
Does this violate any kind of law?  I can't just go around and put junk on someone elses property, or on the shoulder of the road (since that would be littering).

Any input (especially references to VT legal code) would be greatly appreciated.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : October 30, 2010, 09:18:27 PM »

Yank them if they are on your property or on a right of way.

I will be so happy after Tuesday.

This is getting stoopid.

Where is Ronald Reagan when you need him?
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : October 30, 2010, 10:04:57 PM »

He's dead, Jim.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : November 04, 2010, 08:00:55 PM »

Yes Bones,

I hear that.
: [1]  
« previous next »