Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:05:31 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Tractor Trailer Roll-Over On Brick Church Road
« previous next »
: [1]
: Tractor Trailer Roll-Over On Brick Church Road  ( 2236 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 04, 2005, 11:42:33 AM »

The St. Albans Messenger reported in its Wednesday, May 4, 2005 Edition that a lumber delivery truck rolled onto it's side off the Old Brick Church Road in Fairfax Tuesday at about 6 p.m.  Vermont State Police said the vehicle belonged to the Building Home Center of Milton.  "Apparently the vehicle went off onto the soft shoulder of the road and the unidentified driver lost control," said a trooper investigating the wreck.  The driver was not at the scene when police arrived and had been taken to the hospital by a nearby resident for treatment of unspecified injuries.

Below are some photos taken by Shirley Langlois of a Tractor Trailer Roll-over on the Brick Church Road.

Hi Henry,
Just thought you would like to see what happens when a big truck gets caught on a soft shoulder. I didn't see it happen, the driver is ok with bumps and bruises. My horse usually stands up there but he was down at the barn when the truck landed in his pasture. It took 3 hours and 2 wreckers to get it out.

My house is about a half mile up Brick Church Rd. That is where the truck went off the road. The picture shows our house in the back ground. The farm shown in the other picture is where Judy and Alan Barkyoumb live. I guess the truck driver was pulling over to get by a tractor and caught the edge of the road and couldn't get back up on the road. He had just unloaded lumber and was heading home. I didn't get the drivers name. He had already been taken to the hospital when Dan and I got out there.
Shirley

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: